XXL Nutrition

Sticky Het Auto Topic

Bezoekers in dit topic

Zware autos zijn het toch ook. Vinden jullie dat relaxed 2250 kilo schoon aan de haak? Die M3 uit eind jaren 80 was 1200 kilo. Fahrvergnügen lijkt me meer met die M3.

Alleen Porsche komt in de buurt qua achterlichten.

Laatst bewerkt:
Dit vond ik een geniaal punt trouwens:

After driving the E36 M3, Chris Harris shows us the current F82 M3, a car that’s far technically superior to the E36 but lacking in that sort of excited and connected feel it provided.

Rijervaring > Pk's

Laatst bewerkt:
Hebben jullie zelf ook nog leuke projecten? :)

Tanken

Laatst bewerkt:
5 Serie (G30)
Ma1qBPX.jpg

Update

One of the biggest knocks against the current F10 5er is its weight. In its segment, the current 5 Series is the heaviest car and that makes it handle worse, ride worse and perform worse. So, with the new G30-generation, BMW is putting the 5 Series on The Biggest Loser and trying to get it to lose some weight. To do so, the brand has switched over to BMW’s new lightweight CLAR architecture that underpins the current BMW 7 Series. This new platform is built mostly from aluminum, making it very light, but also very strong and very rigid. It also features BMW’s new Carbon Core technology, which implements carbon fiber into certain structural points to create an even lighter, even stronger chassis.

The lighter weight should do wonders for making the next-gen G30 BMW 5 Series handle, ride and perform better. There will also be revised suspension geometry and components, also mostly made from aluminum. This will give the 5 Series better steering and sharper handling responses. And the lighter weight will allow BMW to give the 5er stiffer springs and dampers to make it more athletic, while still maintaining typical 5 Series ride comfort. The same approach worked wonders with the new G11 BMW 7 Series, which has been a massive improvement over the car it replaced.

Just like in the new 7 Series, the next-gen BMW 5 Series will have a new suite of engines. The Bavarian brand’s new B58 3.0 Liter turbocharged inline-six engine will be the headliner of its new engines. The B58 is currently being used in the new BMW 340i, 740i and soon-to-be 440i and it’s a spectacular engine. It’s turbine-smooth with excellent power delivery, impressive new engine technology and one of the best six-cylinder engine sounds on the market. In my personal opinion, the B58 engine sounds better than the S55 engine in the standard BMW M3/M4.

But it won’t just be the B58 that the 5 Series receives. In Europe, there will be a suite of new diesel engines that have been gaining rave reviews so far. And the 5 Series will also gain a plug-in hybrid variant that will be powered by BMW’s new B48 turbocharged four-cylinder engine and an electric motor. Each one of these new engines and powertrains will represent and upgrade in both performance and efficiency for the new 5 Series.

Today, the 5 Series is regarded as one of the heaviest models in its segment and rightfully so. This also led to disappointing reviews for the M5 model that was deemed just too overweight compared to its predecessors. Being considerate of customers’ feedback, BMW has addressed this issue with the upcoming model and in order to do so, some process rengineering was needed.

We already knew that the new 3 Series, 5 Series and 7 Series will be built atop the so-called CLAR platofrm. This will allow engineers to use more lightweight materials while also borrowing different underpinnings from one model to the other. However, it seems like the new 5 Series will be a sort of hybrid between the 3 Series and 7 Series, depending on the specific model.

According to one of our sources inside Munich, the entry-level 5ers will be using the same front axle as the upcoming G20 3 Series in the hopes of reducing the weight of the car by as much as possible. This way, it would seem like the 520i and 520d models will weigh just a tad over what their 320i and 320d brothers. At the other end of the spectrum, cars like the 540d and M550i will be adopting the same axle as the current 7 Series, to make sure the driving experience is on par with the expectations.

These upper-range models will also come with the Dynamic Drive option which will see the introduction of the new Adaptive driving mode on the 5 Series for the first time, following in the footsteps of the 7 Series. Dynamic Drive uses active stabilizers on the front and rear axles to counteract the vehicle’s tendency to roll in a corner. Working together with acceleration and position sensors, a management system and other components, such as a compensation tank for sound control, the system ensures the best agility at all speeds, balanced reactions to load changes and precise steering.

Een variatie v.d. B58 zit ook al in de 140i en 240i trouwens.

Laatst bewerkt:
Helaas ben ik een pauper. Henri108 heeft er wel een paar.

Gewoon eens aan beginnen dan leer je vanzelf steeds meer!

Ik heb een sprong in het diepe genomen en laatst een 3.0L V6 (211pk 270nm) van een omega gekocht, deze wil ik in mijn Corsa A bouwen :)

Heb ook een complete Corsa A met een 2.0L op dellortho carburateurs, wil best vooruit in zo'n lichte auto! (140pk)

20160712_194229_zpshqkdj2zj.jpg

Dit is pure eargasm. In het echt voel je het geluid vd novitec recht door je hart gaan direct gevolgd door kippenvel. Een aventador behoort tot de meest luide supercars maar deze doet er een schepje bovenop. Niet normaal hoe luid.

Deze irl gezien, echt dik. 850pk lol. Rijdt ook een zwarte van rond die heb ik nog gepost.

Laatst bewerkt:
Hoe heet dat andere bedrijf alweer? (opgestart door een voormalige AMG medewerker)

Button P1 kenteken Guernsey

Massa zijn LaFerrari

Laatst bewerkt:
Back
Naar boven