XXL Nutrition

Hello from a new Amsterdam resident! (2 bezoekers)

Bezoekers in dit topic

lhand1

Novice
Lid geworden
18 jan 2022
Waardering
Hello everyone!

First off, apologies that this is in English, I am currently moving to Amsterdam from Ireland and will be there on the 30th January permanently, so I have not picked up much Dutch yet (but I hope to learn some :) )

I've been bodybuilding and powerlifting for quite a few years now so am quite experienced!

I have a question though (if there is somewhere else I should be asking this please let me know - I am still getting used to the site):

Is there any recommended gyms in Amsterdam which will be suitable for powerlifting?

I have done some research on Google but it seems like many gyms are just health centers with machines and lots of cardio equipment :(
I would prefer a nice hardcore gym where I can lift heavy barbells with enough machines to do accessory work- the less fancy the better :)

Does anybody have any recommendations? I will be living close to Oosterpark but do not mind commuting a little :)

Thank you!

Waarderingen: 6am
Hello everyone!

First off, apologies that this is in English, I am currently moving to Amsterdam from Ireland and will be there on the 30th January permanently, so I have not picked up much Dutch yet (but I hope to learn some :) )

I've been bodybuilding and powerlifting for quite a few years now so am quite experienced!

I have a question though (if there is somewhere else I should be asking this please let me know - I am still getting used to the site):

Is there any recommended gyms in Amsterdam which will be suitable for powerlifting?

I have done some research on Google but it seems like many gyms are just health centers with machines and lots of cardio equipment :(
I would prefer a nice hardcore gym where I can lift heavy barbells with enough machines to do accessory work- the less fancy the better :)

Does anybody have any recommendations? I will be living close to Oosterpark but do not mind commuting a little :)

Thank you!
Vondelgym is close to where you live. You could check that one out.
It's more of a crossfit gym but it's quite the nice establishment... it's probably one of the most expensive gyms out there.
Normal price from 0700-2200 69,50 euro a month.
"not busy hours price" 0700-1800 monday to friday / 0700-2200 saturday+sunday = 53,50.
Have been there a few times (the location in Amsterdam-zuid (south)) and I like it over there.

You can probably arrange with the gym that you can come over for free once (or for a small fee) to check it out.

It's not really a hardcore gym, but I think TrainMore has a location that is quite close to your home and it has quite a lot of bars and powerracks. Also the university gym is pretty good: https://uscsport.nl/.

Vondelgym is close to where you live. You could check that one out.
It's more of a crossfit gym but it's quite the nice establishment... it's probably one of the most expensive gyms out there.
Normal price from 0700-2200 69,50 euro a month.
"not busy hours price" 0700-1800 monday to friday / 0700-2200 saturday+sunday = 53,50.
Have been there a few times (the location in Amsterdam-zuid (south)) and I like it over there.

You can probably arrange with the gym that you can come over for free once (or for a small fee) to check it out.
Thank you for this.
Vondelgym looks like it could be quite a good option - I'll be sure to give them a try!

It's not really a hardcore gym, but I think TrainMore has a location that is quite close to your home and it has quite a lot of bars and powerracks. Also the university gym is pretty good: https://uscsport.nl/.
Thanks for this!
Online it looks like a pretty good set up at TrainMore - I will give them a try!

Logistics seem quite rekt in amsterdam so somewhere around amsterdam could increase/decrease travel time hugegly. But if you are somewhere at the upper outskirts (I'm not familiair wth place you mentioned and cba googling) i'd go with Mike's gym. Not Amsterdam but might work out. Seems to be a gym which litterly has every single piece you can imagine.

I know a few places in Amsterdam where friends of mine train:

Vondel Gym; few gyms in Amsterdam. Quite pricy, but good equipment.
TrainMore; same as above.
BasicFit; also a few gyms in Amsterdam. Cheap, but the equipment isn't that good. And a lot busier than the gyms above.

Trainmore singel place 2 be.

Ken alleen Ultimate Fitness Amsterdam, maar dat is vast niet meer wat het vroeger was

Heet al 10 jaar niet meer zo joh wakker worden🤣.
Maar dat was idd vroeger place 2 be oude hardcore gym van Ed van Amsterdam RIP hem was goude kerel.

Heet al 10 jaar niet meer zo joh wakker worden🤣.
Maar dat was idd vroeger place 2 be oude hardcore gym van Ed van Amsterdam RIP hem was goude kerel.
Hahaha! Ja is ook alweer bijna 10 jaar geleden dat hij overleden is, toch?

I know a few places in Amsterdam where friends of mine train:

Vondel Gym; few gyms in Amsterdam. Quite pricey, but good equipment.
TrainMore; same as above.
BasicFit; also a few gyms in Amsterdam. Cheap, but the equipment isn't that good. And a lot busier than the gyms above.
Thanks for the feedback!!

Trainmore single place 2 be
Thanks - I can see that there are a few different Trainmore gyms around Amsterdam. Do you know if you get a membership for one can you also train at the others?

Logistics seem quite stretches in amsterdam so somewhere around amsterdam could increase/decrease travel time hugegly. But if you are somewhere at the upper outskirts (I'm not familiair wth place you mentioned and cba googling) i'd go with Mike's gym. Not Amsterdam but might work out. Seems to be a gym which litterly has every single piece you can imagine.
Thanks for the suggestion!

Back
Naar boven