10 jaar lid
Lid geworden
1 mrt 2007
Waardering
Lengte
1m90
Massa
90kg
Ik wist niet zo goed waar ik dit moest plaatsen. Twijfelde tussen de anabolen en de IFBB sectie. Ik ben het helemaal met de schrijver eens dat de roid gut, waarschijnlijk veroorzaakt door het nemen van grote hoeveelheden HGH en insuline, de sport verziekt. Voor de mensen die niet weten wat een roid gut, of HGH gut is:
[afbeelding niet meer beschikbaar]

Roid Gut the End of the Aesthetic Physique
By Scott Jameson

Okay here's a subject that really gets my blood boiling. Bodybuilding is intended to be the creation of the perfect physique...right? That means that the chest, shoulders, legs, arms and back are suppose to be developed to their full potential while keeping the waist muscular but small. Some bodybuilders may have one genetically gifted part that has a tendency to be superior to another part. The normal goal is to emphasize the training of the weaker body part while curtailing training to the more responsive body part. This is done to obtain proportional muscle size. In achieving the perfect physique, the waist is meant to be small compared to upper body parts and the legs. The smaller the waist the more dramatic the surrounding muscles appear. The Back will look like a flared cobra's head when attached to a tiny waist.

I remember the physiques of the past, Arnold, Bob Birdsong, Franco Columbo, Bob Paris and Frank Zane achieved this dynamic look. Darin Lannaghan, Bill Davey and Stan McQuay have produced this look in modern day bodybuilding though they may never be seen at the Arnold Classic Competition.

So What's Changed?

In mid 80's, Human Growth Hormone (HGH) and Insulin became popular drugs with professional bodybuilders. The net result, with these top level competitors, is the "Roid Gut". Now days, we have bodybuilders sporting a 40-46" waists. I am guessing, of course, since no competitor would dare share the mammoth size of their waistlines. If they did, I would bet they would shave the number down an inch or two. Unfortunately, the Roid Gut has a repulsive appearance contrary to the original intent of the sport. When Jay Cutler in his early years hit national prominence, his youthful physique still had the small waist. Today, Jay's waist is absolutely gross. Sure he may weighs 270+ lbs, but also he sports a waist line of a sumo wrestler. Most of the top bodybuilders, Ronnie Coleman, Dorian Yates and Craig Titus, all exhibit this similar phenomenon. These competitors are simply meeting the expectation of what the judges are condoning and encouraging by accepting this look at as the "champion" physique.

I am writing this article to discourage the use of these drugs. They are sucking the lifeblood out of the Sport, destroying the potential aesthetics of the physique, and taking the bodybuilding back to the freak show era of the past. THIS SHOULD NOT BE!

HGH, "Huge Gut Hormone?"

Okay so what does HGH do to the body? In a normal person, HGH is produced by the body and causes the normal body growth process. The HGH drug was originally developed for children that exhibited stunted growth and were found to have a low production of this hormone. Doctors would administer HGH in small amounts to stimulate a normal growth pattern.

In a few people, HGH production is overactive (from birth) it can also create person of gigantic proportions. Andre the Giant had this condition. Robert Wadlow was another and he grew to be 7'11". He had many health problems and died at a very early age.

If HGH is administered to an adult, muscle growth restarts. HGH is very different than steroids. HGH causes production of new cells. Steroids cause only the enlargement of existing cells. The new cell growth seems to target only with the soft tissues and rarely skeletal system. Unfortunately, not only are the muscles cells multiplying but so are the internal muscles like the intestines and heart. Furthermore, organs, like the liver, kidneys and pancreas are growing too. When the growth of these internal muscles and organs occur in a fixed chest cavity, there is only one direction for this extra mass to go and that is out the abdominal area. Starting to get the picture?

Insulin's Additive Affect

Now what is insulin's affect on the body? Insulin is a super steroid that funnels the nutrients and sugar into muscle. When combined with hard workouts, recovery is very quick. Properly taken, it drives cell growth better than any other steroid. However if you screw up in taking insulin at the wrong time or dosage, you can throw yourself into insulin shock and die. Also long term use can make you a diabetic, a condition that shortens life. When Insulin is combined with HGH, the muscles are set to make significant gains.

The downside of insulin is that it is also active in creating the storage of fat in the body in the event of starvation. These fat deposits are stored internally to body and not on the exterior muscles. This is wonderful for the bodybuilder's appearance but not for this health. These fat deposits called visceral fat are found around the internal organs of the liver, pancreas, heart and kidneys. Couple this additional weight with growth of the internal muscles and organs and you have enough extra mass to create a really protruding Roid Gut.

"Side Bar" Story

Let me tell you one story that comes to mind back in the very early 80's. Tim Belknap, then a great in the world of bodybuilding, announced that he was diabetic. I have no reason to doubt he was, but I am now convinced that Tim found the secret to using insulin to maximize his bodybuilding potential. During that era, Tim was by far the most vascular bodybuilder on the scene. I also notice, he had a semi-protruding waistline. At the time I felt sorry for Tim being handicapped with diabetes but admired that he had accomplish a world class physique under this condition. Now looking back, I am sure Tim was able to apply his insulin to his bodybuilding benefit.

You be the Judge

I am convinced that these "super heavy weight" competitors at 270+ lbs might really weigh 240 or so if you stripped the mass out of their guts. But then again they might only weigh 220 if they lost the additional muscularity as a result of these two drugs. Let's return to the aesthetic builds of a few years past. I hope that even if judges don't award the small waist competitor the winning trophy, you will agree, that creating a Roid Gut is neither attractive nor healthy!
http://ezinearticles.com/?Bodybuild...t-the-End-of-the-Aesthetic-Physique&id=138050

100% akkoord...

Also long term use can make you a diabetic, a condition that shortens life.

Pure bullshit maar goed.. verder wel een goed artikel

de gut kan nog steeds niet wetenschappelijk gelinkt worden met GH

waar die pensen vandaan komen zou ik niet weten.. maar ik vind het maar een mottig fenomeen..

At the time I felt sorry for Tim being handicapped with diabetes but admired that he had accomplish a world class physique under this condition.

Daar heb ik ook zo'n teringhekel aan dat mensen denken dat je gehandicapt bent. Ik mis me benen niet fzo.

Met Diabetes kun je ook 100 worden, ja je kan niet meer suikerspinnen naar binnen werken op een kermis nee (zoiezo al niet doen als bb'er maar dat terzijde :p) en je zal wel op wat meer dingen moet letten dan normaal. Maar verder is er goed mee te leven en kan ik net zo veel als een ander.

Now looking back, I am sure Tim was able to apply his insulin to his bodybuilding benefit

Dat krijg ik ook wel eens te horen :')

agreed, waar die dikke buiken ook vandaan mogen komen (ik geloof zelf wel in het GH verhaal).. het ziet er echt niet meer uit.

de gut kan nog steeds niet wetenschappelijk gelinkt worden met GH

Precies!
Snap trouwens niet waar iedereen zo moeilijk over doet.

Daarom zei ik ook in het introductie stukje dat de gut waarschijnlijk door grote hoeveelheden HGH en insuline veroorzaakt wordt.

Maar dat het de sport verziekt ben ik het 100% mee eens.

zou het niet eerder igf gerelateerd zijn?

Teveel igf zal zich hechten aan de receptoren in de darmen (waar zich de meeste receptoren zich bevinden)Vandaar ook de waarschuwing om igf niet in je buik te zetten.
Igf-1 heeft een paar minuten overlevingstijd
igf-1-f3 heeft een paar dagen .Teveel gezet igf gaat op zoek naar open receptoren.En doet de darmen groeien.
Weet overgens niet of dat al in de tekst staat......ben ff te lui om te lezen

Precies!
Snap trouwens niet waar iedereen zo moeilijk over doet.

Mauser: smaken verschillen vriend.. ik vind een BBer met een wespentaille veel sjieker.. en ne massa freak zonder nek alla Ruhl geen idool om naar op te kijken.. respect voor zijn inzet etc? JA.. maar daar blijft het bij.. blijkbaar ben ik hier ver van de enige die hier zo over denkt.

Helemaal mee eens ...

Ik vind trouwens wel dat de guts minder en minder worden.

in de huidige en nieuwe mr olympia's zou daar op gelet worden door de jury ze willen dat nu minder hebben. zoon dikke gut

maar hun zeggen dat het door de CARB UP's komt van het bulken :P haha

ronnie's oplossing was/is = constant de riem omhouden en minder carbing

zou het niet eerder igf gerelateerd zijn?

Teveel igf zal zich hechten aan de receptoren in de darmen (waar zich de meeste receptoren zich bevinden)Vandaar ook de waarschuwing om igf niet in je buik te zetten.
Igf-1 heeft een paar minuten overlevingstijd
igf-1-f3 heeft een paar dagen .Teveel gezet igf gaat op zoek naar open receptoren.En doet de darmen groeien.
Weet overgens niet of dat al in de tekst staat......ben ff te lui om te lezen

werkt GH niet voornamelijk door meer IGF-1 in de lever aan te maken?

in de huidige en nieuwe mr olympia's zou daar op gelet worden door de jury ze willen dat nu minder hebben. zoon dikke gut

maar hun zeggen dat het door de CARB UP's komt van het bulken :P haha

ronnie's oplossing was/is = constant de riem omhouden en minder carbing

heb dat interview ook gezien ja; mooi verhaal... geloof jij het? :D

werkt GH niet voornamelijk door meer IGF-1 in de lever aan te maken?

ja maar dat is zeer kortwerkende,en niet l3 gerelateerd.L3 heeft een extreem lange levenstijd,van een paar dagen igf-1 paar minuten (rest product hgh)

ja maar dat is zeer kortwerkende,en niet l3 gerelateerd.L3 heeft een extreem lange levenstijd,van een paar dagen igf-1 paar minuten (rest product hgh)

als de igf-1 lang genoeg leeft om aan receptors in al je spiergroepen te hechten (systematisch groei) zal het ook lang genoeg leven om aan je ingewanden te hechten.

Waar zijn de body's gebleven als o.a.

Serge Nubret

rlyjro.jpg

mooi fysiek!

Back
Naar boven