AndroidHealthClinic

Stelling Question to fitness/gym lovers :) (1 bezoeker)

Bezoekers in dit topic

Greg F

Novice
Lid geworden
16 aug 2018
Waardering
Hello everybody,

Firstly, I want to apologize that I'm writing my post in English, my dutch is not there yet. I want to stipulate at the beginning that it is not a sales post or an ad. :) I am just trying to get some answers from people that love fitness, gym and healthy lifestyle. I want to expose my fitness related business idea. I would really appreciate your feedback and if it ever works out I will come back and reward you for that.

What is the problem? I think that subscription plan in the gym is quite an oldschool idea and people should pay when they actually want to train and at the same time shouldn't be attached to one place due to contractual commitments. Probably many of you lost motivation after several months, pay for the gym during holidays or when you're sick, it is quite a waste if we look at it from the yearly perspective. Personally I sometimes do not decide on a fancy gym mainly due to long term commitment but would not see a problem to pay a bit more for one time entries.

What's my idea? To create a platform where you can buy one time access to various places (fitness, boxing, swimming pool, gym, cross fit) in the city and always choose the activity you feel like doing on a certain day. On top of that, there would be no subscription plans, just pay as you go. The offered one time entry ticket prices would be negotiated in such way that for a regular user it would never cost more than a regular subscription (for instance assuming that you do sports 3 times a week). What do you get from it? You can go wherever you want, whenever you want (for instance Monday boxing, Wednesday Gym, Friday HIT, Saturday swimming) and you are not constrained by the contract anymore.

What is your opinion on that Guys? Would you find it useful? What kind of users could take benefit from it the most in your opinion?

Thanks in advance for your support and as mentioned earlier, if it ever works out I will definitely come back to you!

Best,

Greg

For some inspiration, check out OneFit.nl, it's a concept almost similar as yours

What is your opinion on that Guys? Would you find it useful? What kind of users could take benefit from it the most in your opinion?

People who don’t go to the gym frequently will be better of pricewise. People who go multiple times a week will need to pag more so I don’t think you’ll find many supporters over here.

Gyms live off people who buy a membership but never show up :)

Don't know if it would be viable to have people pay only when they show up.

Many people here train 4 times a week or more (and this concept would be more expensive for them). They train often for years and don't lose motivation after a few months.

They track progress on their lifts and training at different gyms makes this a lot harder (cause every machine is different and even when you do dumbell or barbell movements, the weights are not calibrated and are different from gym to gym).

If you take a subscription where you pay per session, or for 1-3 months you pay more (but if u only train for a short period or irregular it can be cheaper), But have the flexibility to plan around holidays or when your sick. And when you do lose motivation you are not bound for long (so don't waste your money).

You get heavy discounts at yearly or 2year subscriptions, because it is calculated that you will have periods within that time where you don't train.

Laatst bewerkt:
Most major gym franchises I know already offer daily passes or monthly subscriptions.

En wat mevrouw Kitty zegt er onefit is ook waar, dat concept word populairder met de dag.

En wat mevrouw Kitty zegt er onefit is ook waar, dat concept word populairder met de dag.
Onefit is tegenwoordig ook een abonnement! Voorheen kon je je kaart uploaden en gaan wanneer je wilde. Nu betaal je vast bedrag per maand en kun je op veel minder plekken sporten.
Blijkbaar was dat eerste niet rendabel voor ze. Ik ben toen afgehaakt.

Ik weet niet wanneer je bent afgehaakt Kristel, maar ik ken persoonlijk 6 trainers die zich afzonderlijk van elkaar hebben aangesloten bij onefit. Dus of het is toeval of ze zitten weer in de lift.

Ik weet niet wanneer je bent afgehaakt Kristel, maar ik ken persoonlijk 6 trainers die zich afzonderlijk van elkaar hebben aangesloten bij onefit. Dus of het is toeval of ze zitten weer in de lift.
Ik denk dat ze met hun nieuwe concept weer in de lift zitten. Maar ik wou niet aan een (duur) abonnement vast zitten. In het begin kon je een kaart opladen als je wilde gaan sporten (en je geld bleef daar nog een jaar op staan als je het niet op maakte).
Voor mij (toen) een perfect concept maar zij verdienden daar blijkbaar niet genoeg aan en de kaarten gingen eruit...

Ik denk dat ze met hun nieuwe concept weer in de lift zitten. Maar ik wou niet aan een (duur) abonnement vast zitten. In het begin kon je een kaart opladen als je wilde gaan sporten (en je geld bleef daar nog een jaar op staan als je het niet op maakte).
Voor mij (toen) een perfect concept maar zij verdienden daar blijkbaar niet genoeg aan en de kaarten gingen eruit...

Kan me voorstellen dat zo’n concep een heel stuk beter was idd. Wel zonde dan.

Trainers krijgen volgens mij wel gewoon per deelnemer betaald per les.

Thanks a lot ladies and gents for such extensive response. I really appreciate.

I know about OneFit. The main difference would be that here you don’t need any subscription, just pay as you go. I travel a lot and sometimes just have to train at the hotel gym cause I’m not going to become a member for a week or so… My girlfriend has another problem, she pays for a subscription and does not go to the gym after some time, she is just forced to do so by the contract she had signed… I know that it is not a concept for gym lovers with training plans, diet etc. That's not what you need. I like doing various sports every week ( climbing, boxing, gym, cross) and it would be ideal...

In my concept you would pay as you go, just find your favourite activity close by, buy a ticket and enjoy. Apparently 67 % of all the memberships go unused, 80% of the people that sign up in January will finish gym adventure in may. It’s crazy in my opinion…
slight_smile.png

I know several gym owners that might be interested and have a very early version of the app that could be a perfect fit for it. Maybe I'm gonna try.

I would be grateful if you could share more feedback and thanks again for your help..

Best,
Greg

Back
Naar boven