XXL Nutrition

Advice about visit to Andros klinik (1 bezoeker)

Bezoekers in dit topic

bluest76

Novice
Lid geworden
24 mei 2018
Waardering
Hello everyone,
Sorry to write this in english but I am an expat living here in the Netherlands and I would like to find some tips/suggestions on how to face some issues I am having lately.
I am in my forties, had depression and anxiety all my life, I take some antidepressants and lately I have been found to have low testosterone (6,2 nmol/l on a range of 9 and 35). I strongly believe I suffer of hypogonadism.
It was actually my idea to have a blood test for testosterone (not my psychiatrist).
In the last week I documented myself about low-t, trying to understand how to face this problem in the most effective way. I am not a bodybuilder but I found this forum and it looks like a good place to have some advice.
I had a bad experience with an urologist giving me androgel (that I didn't use) not even mentioning that I could lose my fertility on it (wtf?). I had to discover these 'details' by myself.
I booked a visit at the Andros clinic in Ams as it is the only one I could find online that deals with TRT. I would like to ask if someone has been there and would like to share some tips.
I see that in regard of TRT you need to be pro-active and, for example. test your blood really often, especially in the first period. How do you manage this? As here it looks like they give you some medication and then ask you to come back in 3 months, which is probably too long of a time. Do here in the netherlands provide HCG?
So, any tip/suggestion is warmly welcome and sorry again to write in english :)

TRT / HRT are not as mainstream as in other countries here. Usually the ‘huisarts’ will not be of much use here.

I can only advise you to first go to the clinic, and hear their diagnosis. Don’t go and do any ‘proactive’ self doctoring in the mean time.

Any form of exogenous testosterone supplementation, injects / pills / cream, will cause a further shutdown which could cause (temporary) infertility.

Hcg could be part of your TRT treatment. What they wil give you is dependent on what the cause is and which product will be best in your specific case. Once you are in treatment there will be regular tests to monitor testosterone levels and potential adverse side effects of the drugs.

Thanks for your insight. I was not going to take anything by my initiative. I am kind of freaked out by this 'news' and I had to learn a lot of stuff by myself just to wrap my head around. Is TRT usually reimbursed by health insurance?

Thanks for your insight. I was not going to take anything by my initiative. I am kind of freaked out by this 'news' and I had to learn a lot of stuff by myself just to wrap my head around. Is TRT usually reimbursed by health insurance?
Generally most prescribed medication is reimbursed ( - the ‘your own risk’) amount probably.

I have no experience with TRT myself. My colleague is having it, I can ask him for you about reimbursements.

On the forum I believe skydirk and johnyjordaan have TRT. But both are from Belgium, so completely different insurance schemes.

Reading the Andros website:

It’s part of the ‘basis’ insurance and reimbursed. 385 euro is your own risk. But only after referral bij your own doctor. If you go there by yourself, you might need to pay.

I would take notice of this, before you end up with unnecessary costs.

Howdy, we are in the same boat. I am on insurance paid trt at the moment.

I recently visited Andros and loved their intake. I got prescribed androgel too,but urologist mentioned I could switch to sustanon or nebido during the check up 4 months after the intake.

Good luck!

Good to know. Feel free to DM if you would like to talk about our experiences/troubles lol

Did they propose you something about fertility like Hcg?

Did they propose you something about fertility like Hcg?
I would imagine they will prescribe you HCG, especcially when you tell them you want to keep your fertility. A lot of guys i know are beeing treated with hcg only because they intend to have children in the near future. But then again they are beeing treated by a hospital urologist. Personally i have no experience with the andros clinic.

Just looked on their website but i cannot find anything other then treatment with test gel...

Spoke to my doc at Andros the other day. They usually start out with gel as they see lots of good results.
However they are also able to prescribe Sustanon or Nebido depending on what you want.

Back
Naar boven