Status
Niet open voor verdere reacties.

Ano_1981

Advanced Bodybuilder
10 jaar lid
Lid geworden
23 dec 2008
Waardering
Bodybuilding heeft tegen je gelogen, en dat is waarom je nog steeds mager bent 1.
Over the last say five, six years, I’ve pretty well managed to wall myself off from gym culture. I do lift in a commercial gym, though I have very little contact with the people there – unless you count staring in slack-jawed amazement at some of the antics and stupidity as contact. I don’t, personally.

Most of the people I talk to in person are real lifters of some sort or another, guys that like powerlifting and strongman and Highland games. The manly kind of sports that you can drink beer with. We don’t always agree 100% on the details, but we also know that the details don’t matter and that in every way that matters, we’re on the same page.

Online, I’ve almost entirely stayed away from sites like bodybuilding.com or the beloved T-mag precisely because they encourage so much of that Bro mentality – that faux-macho wannabe outlook that relies on being ‘edgy’ and ‘hardcore’ and ‘latching on to the nuts of this year’s popular guru’.

Since taking myself out of all that, I’ve developed what I can only describe as selective amnesia, because I’ve genuinely been surprised at some of the stupid that’s out there – and it’s layered, complex stupid. This can range from the mostly harmless repetition of Bro-mantras like the beloved ‘shock the body to keep it guessing’, right on up to full on ‘I still weigh 60kg and can’t put on weight but let me tell you how to do things’.

I’ve discussed the abstract concept of stupidity before, and it’s an interesting thing. Stupidity isn’t just the absence of intelligence or information; it’s the active rejection of learning that works by convincing the stupid person that s/he doesn’t need to learn in the first place. Of course stupid and ignorant are relative terms, but I’m of the firm belief that most anybody can be coached or trained in the gym if they’re given enough guidance.

One thing that’s always struck me about the guys that are ‘stuck’ – can’t get over 75kg, bench won’t go past 90kg – is their own lack of self-awareness. It should be simple to understand that, if your current behaviors aren’t moving you towards your goals, then you’re going to have to change your behaviors.

If what you’re doing isn’t working, you’re going to have to do something else.

This is such a staggeringly simple concept that I just can’t believe people don’t get it. But it happens every single damn day. If you go to any of the big busy forums online, you’ll see one question asked more than anything else: “why can’t I gain weight?” This question will come in different flavors and styles, but it always remains.

You see it in any commercial gym. Next time you’re in such a place, have a look at how many skinny-looking guys are walking around in the weights area. If you come back in a year, assuming they haven’t quit, none of them will look any different.

I drew up a flowchart outline to give a quick rundown of the thought process that these guys go through:

Recognize that I’m underweight, out of shape, and weak. Make a commitment to be at the gym five days a week.

Read a magazine with a big muscular guy on the cover. Find his workout.

Do the workout from the magazine, as long as it’s for: chest, shoulders, arms, or back. Skip legs because you run a lot.

Gain a little weight because of beginner gains. Don’t change your diet to increase protein or calorie intake.

Stall out because you’re not eating enough and because you insist on doing bodybuilder’s routine. Body weight levels off around 70-75kg and bench is stuck somewhere between 60-80kg.

Decide that you’re ‘cutting’ now, since you want abs for summer. If you’re really determined to get big, skip 6 and go to 7.

Ask the big guy in the gym for some steroids. Go on a cycle of test and dbol even though you’ve been lifting for a year and have no idea how to eat or train.

Get ‘good gains’ on your cycle, which is really just water-bloat and not gains at all, but you believe it’s gains because the scale goes up and all the other idiots tell you it’s gains.

Come off cycle and lose all the water weight. Strength and stamina in the gym go back to shit because the only reason you could sustain your workout was because of the juice.

Go back to 7. If you’re now depressed and ‘over it,’ go back to 6.

That about sums it up I think. I’d guess that most every guy at your gym, with only a few exceptions that will be obvious, is stuck somewhere in this flowchart. Beginners seem to repeat steps 1-5 without fail, and guys that have more than a year or so under their belts are either bouncing between that or ‘cutting for the beach’. A few more will go on to repeat the endless loop of steroid cycling without any real muscle gains to speak of.

Why does this loop keep happening, and why do so many, almost 100%, get stuck in it? There are two fundamental reasons:

1) You don’t know how to eat. Popular bodybuilding wisdom encourages low-calorie diets of ‘clean’ foods, usually chicken and broccoli. That’s all fine and dandy, but it doesn’t add muscle to skinny bodies.

2) You don’t know how to train. Popular bodybuilding and ‘general fitness’ wisdom encourages you to split your training into 3-6 days a week, with each session devoted to one body part. That’s all fine and dandy, but it’s kinda missing the point.

These are hard truths, but you have to accept them. If you’re a skinny kid, the worst thing you can do is listen to what’s in the magazines and listen to what gym-culture tells you to do.

Gym-culture says you need to split up your body and focus on each muscle group to grow. That’s a load of horseshit, because for every guy you see that’s big or strong and uses that system, the majority of guys following it fail completely and spectacularly. And then instead of thinking ‘gee, maybe I should re-think this strategy,’ they either give up or start popping dbol like candy.

Then they grow, mainly because of water retention; and then once they come off, they lose all their gains water. That’s a productive strategy.

If you want the best gains, you need to focus on training regularly and training to get strong. Strength is size. Remember that. Repeat it. Say it out loud. Strength is size.

If you’re a big guy that uses body-part splits, by all means keep at it. If you enjoy it and think it’s productive, I’m not going to say you’re wrong. If you’re a skinny kid that’s hit a plateau, I’m telling you there’s a better way to do things.

The bodybuilding paradigm goes back to the 1970s and 1980s, stretching back to Joe Weider’s philosophy on pumping up the muscle with endless volume. This only got worse in the 80s when everybody was on the juice and could grow on the super-high volume splits that are still with us today.

A bodybuilding session will have something like 4-5 exercises per muscle group, with the premise being that you must hammer and grind and ultimately defeat the muscle by bludgeoning it with set after set. That’s not strength training; that’s endurance exercise. It may work for you as a beginner, but the biggest effect this training has is 1) inflaming your muscles and pumping them up right after the workout; and 2) bloating them up by increasing the amount of water, glycogen, and other goodies stored in there.

Needless to say, if you don’t have muscle to pump in the first place, this isn’t going to work very well. Leave the volume-training to big guys with a strength foundation.

Muscles respond most favorably to heavy, high-tension movements; and no, you do not have to work every muscle directly for them to grow. This is because muscle groups overlap and fill many of the same roles. Yes, this means that once you’ve worked the hell out of your bench press, your triceps probably don’t need that much work.

Bodybuilding has so poisoned the well that most people don’t even realize that they can train with any other system. If someone wants to grow, then they default to the five-day body-part split. I’m telling you right now: any ‘bodybuilding’ training should be secondary to your basic strength training; and only then if you’re really convinced you need it. If you’re 75kg and bitching that you can’t get any bigger, you probably don’t need it.

What you need instead if a basic program that focuses on getting stronger. ‘I don’t want to be a powerlifter,’ you say. ‘I want to build a good physique with mass and symmetry.’ The funny part is that most people that say that have no idea what it even means as it comes out of their mouths.

Strength is size. If you want ‘mass’, you need to get stronger with the big lifts. If you want ‘symmetry’, well, you need to talk to your parents. Anything else is a function of leanness. To many would-be bodybuilders just don’t realize this, and they stay both small and weak as a result. At least until they go on the sauce.

If you’ve already got a decent base of strength from years of training, you might benefit from this lighter bodybuilding stuff. You might even want to play with the split routines for a change of pace. You just have no business following that kind of routine when you don’t have that foundation to build on.

Now what about diet? This is the other pillar of gaining muscle and body-weight, and it’s just as much of a spectacular failure for most people.

The gym-culture says to eat every 2-3 hours to ‘keep the metabolic fires burning’. Right. The diet itself revolves around lean meats (almost always chicken), green veggies (almost always broccoli), and ‘clean carbs’ with oats being the number one contender.

Okay look, that’s fine if you’re already big and trying to maintain some degree of leanness. If you’re a little dude, just give it a rest. Seriously. I don’t care about your damn abs if you’re bitching about being stuck at 70kg for the last year.

Shut up and go eat a cheeseburger.

There’s nothing wrong with eating lean meats and ‘clean carbs’ later on, once you’ve actually gotten strong and added some muscle. I want you to try eating enough to grow with that diet, though. Smaller guys will probably need to push 4000 kcals per day to grow. That’s a lot of chicken and broccoli and oats. Really dedicated guys can do it, but I’m telling you it’s pointless macho bullshit. There are easier ways.

Ways like pizza.

If you want a solid plan to grow without turning into a total fatass, a strategy to which I can relate, then set your daily calorie intake to around 18 times your body weight in pounds as a starting point. Set protein to at least 1 gram per lb first. Put carbs at maybe 2-2.5 times body weight, depending on your preference, and then make up the remainder from fat. The actual type of food doesn’t matter so much; if you can fit in cheeseburgers, fit them in. Cheeseburgers want to be eaten. Just remember that the numbers come first.

As to how many meals to eat, if you’re bulking you never want to be hungry. That sounds like one of those hard-liner absolutist statements, but there is truth to it. I’d make it a point to at least get protein every few hours to keep amino acid levels high.

Depending on how sloppy you want to get, you may find that you want to eat more than this. That’s fine too. Just remember that to be realistic, it’s probably not the best of ideas to add 50 lbs of fat in order to bump your squat 10 lbs. I’m all for bulking, but experience has taught me that bulking out of control is counterproductive. If you’re going to do it, do it right – make sure you’re actually adding strength and adding muscle.

Link origineel
Bodybuilding heeft tegen je gelogen, en dat is waarom je nog steeds mager bent 2.
The piece I wrote yesterday – Bodybuilding has lied to you, and that’s why you’re skinny – was a big hit. In particular, it was posted over on BB.com’s teen forum, which is the digital equivalent of dropping a roach bomb in a the middle of New York City. The hilarity that was generated has been off the charts.

A quick view of the thread reveals that a few guys thought it was solid info; they actually read it and saw the points I was making. A much larger segment of the respondents thought it was bunk, of course. It’s interesting that these guys all had their stats posted as being between 130 and 180 lbs, if they were average height, or around 190-210 if they were taller.

In other words, they went out of their way to prove me right – still skinny, still weak, and still telling me I don’t know what I’m talking about. You don’t pay money for better comedy, folks. I flat out said, in the article that they read, that it would happen – and they did it anyway.

But you know I can’t just let things rest at that, because just pointing out that they’re skinny and weak, and will remain that way until they wise up or go on the juice, isn’t how I do things. Instead, I want to take a few of the objections that were raised and dissect them.

Strength is Size
This particular argument is as old as arguing on the Internet, and maybe even older. There are so many misconceptions about this that I actually devoted a whole section in Maximum Muscle to debunking the common myths; so I’ll just give a brief summary of those points here.

1. “Strength” does not mean training like a powerlifter. Everybody immediately defaults to this position without even thinking about the argument. Powerlifting is a competitive sport that requires specialized training to increase strength in the three lifts. Training to increase your 1RM in the squat, bench, and deadlift qualifies as getting stronger, yes – but that is not the only way to define ‘getting stronger’. Increasing your strength might mean increasing your best set of 8 reps; or it might mean going from one set of 5 to four sets of 8 with the same weight; and it can even mean going from a maximum set of 5 to a very easy set of 5 (by using the relative feel of the set as an indicator).

“Getting stronger” can mean lots of things, and fundamentally all it means is that your muscles have added the ability to handle a workload. While I do think powerlifting overlaps with bodybuilding in many ways, they don’t have to be defined as the same thing. That’s an epic black/white fallacy which includes no other options between Sheiko and five-day Bro-splits.

2. There’s a difference in absolute strength levels between individuals, and relative strength gains for any given person. In other words, you can’t just compare all 600 lb squatters or 700 lb deadlifters and say “see, he squats X but that guy is bigger and he only squats Y”. Well no shit.

People have different bodies. A guy that’s only 5’5 with tiny wrists and ankles will never have the same potential for raw size or the lifts of a guy that’s 6’5 with big joints. We’ve all heard about the freaks that can walk in the gym their first day and deadlift 500 lbs; and there are other guys that take 5+ years to hit that number. Some will never get there. Which means that comparing absolute strength levels is pointless.

What is relevant is the relative strength gains over your lifetime. If you’re a small guy that brings his squat from 100 lbs up to a raw or mostly-raw (say belt + light wraps) 550 lbs, you’ve grown. You had to have grown to move that weight. And I’m banning the first one of you that complains about ‘neural efficiency’. I don’t want to hear that shit. If it was about neural efficiency, every one of those 150 lb kids could just hit the gym 4-5 days a week with singles and eventually ramp up to that load. Why doesn’t that happen?

Moving heavy weights around requires muscle mass.

3. Specialized training yields specialized results. This is why we can all point to ‘small’ powerlifters moving gangsta weights around. Those guys have trained themselves to maximize every advantage in leverage, equipment, and they’ve trained for months or years to lift that way.

If you’re seeking muscle mass, you’ll want to do things a little differently. Nowhere in yesterday’s article did I say you shouldn’t train with an emphasis towards bodybuilding, which is why I’m surprised (not really) that so many idiots read me saying ‘train like a powerlifter’.

I think that bringing in powerlifting as a comparison is the wrong choice, honestly, because it always seems to lead to this nonsense. I think we may do better to start phrasing this as ‘basic strength training’ or what Rip calls his Basic Barbell Training. This differs from powerlifting in that there’s no specialization towards lifting 1RM weights in the big three. Instead, you’re focusing on those lifts, but also trying to improve other stuff to build well-rounded general strength.

Obviously there’s a lot of overlap, but basic strength training doesn’t have the specialized elements of competition involved. As per point #1, you can most definitely train for strength without specializing into powerlifting – even if you’re using the same exercises and similar programs.

4. The biggest guys are always the strongest guys.
2lj58u8.jpg

If only this poor man knew how to train for size.

Seriously. Just come the hell on now. Training for strength clearly means you’ll never get big, right? If only these poor men knew how to follow a proper bodybuilding routine.

Dante Trudel, perhaps better known as ‘DoggCrapp’ of DC Training fame, has the best outlook on this. Dante’s system emphasizes getting stronger above all else – yet it’s still a very popular and successful method for turning out excellent bodybuilders. And that’s because Dante realized that time and again, the best-built guys were the ones coming from a strength background that later switched to bodybuilding.

Shocking, right? You’d almost think that years of heavy-ass lifting and eating builds a ton of muscle.

5. ‘Strength athletes are fat, and I don’t want to be fat. Besides, if you diet these guys down they won’t have that much muscle anyway.’

Well, hard to argue with that one right? Everybody knows powerlifters are fat. Just look at poor tiny Konstantinovs up there. Or how about these poor fat fellas:
sqoaid.jpg

1003 lb squatter Sam Byrd, fat as hell.
[afbeelding niet meer beschikbaar]
Dave Gulledge at 320
[Afbeelding niet meer beschikbaar]
[Afbeelding niet meer beschikbaar]
Dave Gulledge at 275

Yeah. No muscle there at all, right?

I mean, I guess if you’re used to seeing dbol-bloat as ‘gains’, and you think a bulked-up guy ‘doesn’t even look like he trains’, you’re the kind of idiot that would think this. Unfortunately, you’re just wrong.

Hell this even works with girls. Back when I was coaching figure girls, I had them emphasize strength training in the off-season and the early phases of contest prep. Why? Because it builds a nice foundation of shapely muscle. When they diet into shape later, guess what happens? It turns out that women develop that nice ‘athletic, toned’ look they always seem to be chasing when they train for strength and then eat a reasonable diet to get in shape.

This meme of the eternally fat powerlifter is yet another stupidity bought into by the skinny forever crowd – the idea that if you’re fat, you don’t have any muscle. Apparently the idea that you can, you know, diet, never occurs to them. If you think fat guys don’t look like they even train, while you’re 150 lbs and that fat guy is warming up with your maxes, you should just shut the **** up until you realize what it takes to actually put in your dues.

The fat guy can go on a diet. What are you going to do, flex bone? Flash your abs on Myspace?

Let’s just call it what it is – clueless skinny kids that need a way to rationalize staying skinny. It’s easier to hide the fact that you don’t know what you’re doing when you use the excuse of wanting to build ‘a lean symmetrical physique’. Horseshit. Man up, skinny.

I could discuss the diet issues as well, since they seemed to completely misunderstand that as well, but this is already running long enough. I’m really convinced that most of them didn’t even bother to read it, since they only seemed to address points I didn’t even write, but that was expected right out of the gate.

Matthew Perryman.

Link origineel

Goede shizzle. Straks eens grondig lezen!

strength is size

“Strength” does not mean training like a powerlifter
En dan een lijst foto's plaatsen van powerlifters die stuk voor stuk godsgruwelijk veel jaren hebben gejuiced en waarvan de training en het behaalde resultaat in de verste verte niet te maken heeft met wat een beginner die mager blijft moet doen.

Het advies is dan
I think we may do better to start phrasing this as ‘basic strength training’ or what Rip calls his Basic Barbell Training.
Wat verwijst naar beginners programma's die totaal niks met functionele (sport) of aesthetische resultaten te maken hebben maar je eigenlijk klaarstomen voor meer powerlifting.

Leuk als eerste bulk maar trainen voor resultaten is veel meer dan een slap aftreksel van powerlifting volgen.

Laatst bewerkt:
Het ergste van al is dat hij helemaal waar is, ookal ben ik opzich niet zo een voorstander van bulken en cutten ik geef hem wel gelijk! En hij weet duidelijk waarover hij spreekt

En dan een lijst foto's plaatsen van powerlifters die stuk voor stuk godsgruwelijk veel jaren hebben gejuiced en waarvan de training en het behaalde resultaat in de verste verte niet te maken heeft met wat een beginner die mager blijft moet doen.

Het advies is dan
Wat verwijst naar beginners programma's die totaal niks met functionele (sport) of aesthetische resultaten te maken hebben maar je eigenlijk klaarstomen voor meer powerlifting.

Leuk als eerste bulk maar trainen voor resultaten is veel meer dan een slap aftreksel van powerlifting volgen.

ik denk dat je het belangrijkste punt van het stukje mist:
dat eindeloos pompen, wat de meeste jongens doen, in standaard splits uit de flex ed gewoon een ****ing waste of time is.

maar er staan tenslotte huge gasten in die boekjes dus het moet wel werken, en ook die hebben zoals je eerder aanhaalt godsgruwelijk veel jaren gejuiced en weet ik t en wss nog meer als afgebeelde plers.

Het advies is dan

Hoeveel weeg jij? :roflol:

Het advies is dan

Dude heb je het wel goed gelezen? die lijst foto's van powerlifters ging erom dat er gereageerd was dat powerlifters altijd dik en lelijk zijn.

op de rest ga ik nog niet meteen in aangezien je dat punt dus al over het hoofd had gezien blijkbaar. :P

Laatst bewerkt:
Beetje een vreemde titel, anti-BB en pro-PL is het eerste wat in me opkomt. In dat geval: generaliserend en onjuist. Kracht staat niet centraal in BB, maar is wel een gevolg van de noodzakelijkheid van intensiteit.

Beetje een vreemde titel, anti-BB en pro-PL is het eerste wat in me opkomt. In dat geval: generaliserend en onjuist. Kracht staat niet centraal in BB, maar is wel een gevolg van de noodzakelijkheid van intensiteit.

Imo is kracht geen gevolg, maar eerder een oorzaak van meer massa.
Dus niet: ik train, word groter en daardoor sterker. Maar: ik train, word sterker en daardoor groter.

Imo is kracht geen gevolg, maar eerder een oorzaak van meer massa.
Dus niet: ik train, word groter en daardoor sterker. Maar: ik train, word sterker en daardoor groter.
Genoeg BB die (na een bepaalde krachttoename) nauwelijks nog sterker worden maar wel groter. Genoeg gewichtheffers die wel sterker worden maar niet groter. Spieren kunnen op twee verschillende manieren supercompenseren; in kracht en in massa. Hoewel er natuurlijk een overlap is, zijn de twee zeker niet totaal afhankelijk van elkaar. Dat is de reden dat je (zowel in krachtsport als in je gym) ecto's ziet die respectabele gewichten verplaatsen, en beren die soms wat teleurstellende krachtstats hebben.

TL;DR, iemand een beknopte samenvatting?

Genoeg BB die (na een bepaalde krachttoename) nauwelijks nog sterker worden maar wel groter
Bodybuilders gebruiken vooral de RE-methode en daarnaast in veel geringere mate de SE-methode. Dit verklaart voor een groot deel waarom bodybuilders veel massa hebben, maar meestal niet zo sterk zijn als dat je zou verwachten (uitzonderingen daargelaten). Ze hebben namelijk alleen hun spieren getraind en nauwelijks hun zenuwstelsel (=lage neuronmusculaire efficiëntie). Er is nog veel meer te zeggen, maar intensiteit (%1rm) is wel een belangrijke.
Genoeg gewichtheffers die wel sterker worden maar niet groter.
Lijnrecht hier tegenover staan bijv. de lichtere klasse olympische gewichtheffers. Zij doen voornamelijk DE en ME werk, hypertrofie is gering, maar ze hebben een uitermate hoge neuronmusculaire efficiëntie en zijn daarom verhoudingsgewijs tav. hun geringe massa erg sterk. Ook hier geldt dat er nog meer over te zeggen is maar dat zou een heel nieuw topic opleveren.
Spieren kunnen op twee verschillende manieren supercompenseren; in kracht en in massa.
Hoofdstuk 2 is wel interessant.

Genoeg BB die (na een bepaalde krachttoename) nauwelijks nog sterker worden maar wel groter. Genoeg gewichtheffers die wel sterker worden maar niet groter. Spieren kunnen op twee verschillende manieren supercompenseren; in kracht en in massa. Hoewel er natuurlijk een overlap is, zijn de twee zeker niet totaal afhankelijk van elkaar. Dat is de reden dat je (zowel in krachtsport als in je gym) ecto's ziet die respectabele gewichten verplaatsen, en beren die soms wat teleurstellende krachtstats hebben.

Het stukje is vooral voor beginners eh T.
Hij haalt ook aan dat veel BB'ers op een manier trainen dat ze nauwelijks sterker worden, maar wel groter. Maar hoe zijn ze ooit zo groot geworden? Door eindeloze curls en extensions te doen? Dacht het niet, maar door massa te bouwen met zware compounds.

Veel BB'ers hebben ook een PL achtergrond in hun jonge jaren.
Punt van de schrijver is gewoon: alle skinny bastards, stop met clean te eten, te trainen als een nicht zoals in de boekjes staat, want als je niet genoeg massa hebt of niet genoeg juiced, zal het niet helpen.

Je googlde docs is een aardig interesant document ga het zeker straks eens doorlezen.

Ik ben niet mager, maar pomp wel veel.:D

Het gaat alleen om progressive overload is de conclusie, wil je groeien, moet je sterker worden, meer eten.

Leuk stukje ;)

Hoeveel weeg jij? :roflol:
103kg :trollface::sd:

Dude heb je het wel goed gelezen? die lijst foto's van powerlifters ging erom dat er gereageerd was dat powerlifters altijd dik en lelijk zijn.
Nee ik heb het netjes gelezen maar dat punt vervalt aangezien ook hun het dankzij hun roids hebben behaald net als die opgepompte lullo's in de BB mags die in het artikel aangehaald werden als het verkeerde idool.

Hueg ripped powerlifters = roids
Hueg ripped BBers = roids
Hueg ripped oly lifters = roids

Zie je het patroon?

Tuurlijk ben ik het er mee eens om te zeggen dat beginners wat kracht nodig hebben, maar ik vind schema's als starting strength en stronglifts, na zelf SS gedaan te hebben, ver tekort komen als be-all end-all oplossing.

De gemiddelde 17 jaar oude ecto van 60kg gaat z'n doel niet behalen door te bulken en powerlifter-aftreksels te volgen. Ja hij gaat een leuke basis ermee opbouwen, maar zoals ik zei: trainen voor resultaten is veel complexer dan dat.

Het zogenaamde strength = size dat het driving home point is van dit artikel is gewoon bullshit. That's all. Er zitten wel een paar redelijke punten in, maar ik vind het eindeloze gehamer op powerlifter-aftreksels een beetje te makkelijk marketbare hype.

Dat je moet eten en tillen weten we nu wel, ik wil mensen eens met iets interessants als advies voor beginners komen zoals mesocycles voor kracht én uiterlijk en ook sport-prestaties erbij betrekken.

ver tekort komen als be-all end-all oplossing.

D'r is bij mijn weten ook niemand die dat hier beweert.
Ik zou in dit in ieder geval nooit beweren of claimen.

hij gaat een leuke basis ermee opbouwen

En dat is dus ook precies waar het om gaat bij 5x5, SS, stronglifts of hoe ze het ook noemen.
Dat is juist hetgene wat die 16 jarige ecto nodig heeft de eerste 1 a 2 trainingsjaren.

Terzijde, bovengenoemde systemen zijn - voorzover je dat denkt - geen powerlifting aftreksels.
Het is eerder zo dat powerlifting een (specialistisch) aftreksel is van eerder genoemde.
De manier van trainen bestond eerder dan wat men tegenwoordig 'powerliftingen methoden' noemt.

Het is een uitgekiende trainingsmix die tegelijkertijd zowel kracht, massa en explosiviteit opbouwd.
Het is DEZE basis die zich zo goed leent voor zo'n beetje iedere latere specialisatie in de haltersport.

trainen voor resultaten is veel complexer dan dat.

In de beginnersfase is dat niet het geval.
Het is ZO simpel dat men gelooft dat je het moeilijker moet maken.
Natuurlijk reageert niet iedereen in dezelfde mate op een bepaald trainingsprotocol, maar de noodzakelijkheid van echte, complexere periodiatie/specialisatie komt pas (veel)later.
Uiteraard is het wel zo dat volledige realisatie van je genetisch bepaalde potentieel meer vergt dan jaar in jaar uit 5x5 te doen...

Het zogenaamde strength = size dat het driving home point is van dit artikel is gewoon bullshit. That's all.

Strength, als factor, ligt ten grondslag aan bijna alle andere fysieke basiseigenshappen: Snelheid, explosiviteit, krachtuithoudingsvermogen etc.
Het ligt indirect ook ten grondslag aan de gewichten die je hanteert bij een meer hypertrofie gericht trainingsprotocol en er is daarmee wel degelijk een causaal verband met omvang.
Om dit nou 'gewoon bullshit, that's all' te noemen gaat wel wat ver lijkt me.

Dat je moet eten en tillen weten we nu wel

Toch niet helemaal blijkbaar, getuige het gebrek aan resultaten waar ik regelmatig mee geconfronteerd wordt.... :)

ik wil mensen eens met iets interessants als advies voor beginners komen zoals mesocycles voor kracht én uiterlijk en ook sport-prestaties erbij betrekken.

Ik wil met alle liefde advies geven mbt. de meest complexe mesocycli.
Het liefst over mijn stokpaardje, het zgn. Conjugate Sequence Sytem, één van de meest genuanceerde vormen van programming en periodisatie.
Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeerlijk, om daar uren over te kibbelen.....

MAAR ZEKER NIET VOOR DE BEGINNERS!

- Beginners laten nog ware lineaire progressie zien.
- Beginners gaan nog per training in bijna alle opzichten zichtbaar vooruit. Kracht, explosiviteit,werkcapaciteit techniek en je ziet ze bijna groeien (tenminste bij voldoende voeding)
- Beginners gaan vaak vooruit ondanks, in plaats van door de manier waarop ze trainen.
- Hoera voor de beginners, maar laten we het vooral simpel houden, meer is echt (nog) niet nodig.
- Beginners bouwen juist met zoiets als 5x5 of SS tegelijkertijd zowel kracht, explosiviteit en dus ook massa op.

Bovendien zijn die extra kracht/explosiviteit in die beginnersperiode zo'n mooie aanzet tot betere sportprestaties.
Specifieke krachttraining/programming/periodisatie voor bepaalde sportieve doeleinden is pas later aan de orde.

Status
Niet open voor verdere reacties.
Back
Naar boven