XXL Nutrition

Buying an olympic bar and bumper plates in the Netherlands for home gym.

Bezoekers in dit topic

apexaviour

Novice
Lid geworden
24 apr 2013
Waardering
Lengte
1m73
Massa
75kg
Vetpercentage
15%
Hoi lads
I've moved to the Netherlands recently and would love to set up an olympic bar with bumper plates and rubber mats in my garage, practice my C&Js and snatches (also some other lifting). Just recreationally really, as I used to it a lot back in my University gym in Ireland. I have no idea where I might get this equipment in Holland however, I've been to a fitness store or two but it's as expected, just machines and treadmills. Some google searching found chinese suppliers, but it seems like they expect you to be a company (like a crossfit gym), and presumably would want you to buy in bulk?

Anyone know a speciality shop or supplier I might be able to get a few of these for personal use? (I'd be getting 100-150KG worth of plates, an olympic bar and a few mats)

Cheers!

PS: I'm in the Eindhoven area, but if necessary would drive somewhere else.

I guess he means

www.marktplaats.nl

Auctionsite, needs a bit of figuring out how it works, nice deals though, now and then.

Good luck !

Hey just wanted to say thanks. Went with Strengthshop.de in the end.

Got the [Link niet meer beschikbaar],
I cheaped out and got [Link niet meer beschikbaar]. We'll see how long it lasts, but honestly it feels fine and if it lasts a few months I'll be delighted, since it was significantly cheaper than most of the rest of the bars.
Then two 20kg steel disks so I'd have enough to deadlift with (my current 1RM is 150kg), and finally some rubber mats for the floor.

My housemates have gotten interested and one acquired some metal trestles to use as a squat/bench rack.

Metal trestes are fine at the beginning, but when you lift big weights till failure it isnt that comfortable. Go look for a squatrack or a powercage with spotterbars.

Back
Naar boven