Lid geworden
16 nov 2006
Waardering
Lengte
1m86
Massa
102kg
2s1lp2u.jpg

Dana White "doesnt want to say anything bad about Wanderlei Silva," but he wont stay quiet while the recently retired MMA light heavyweight rants about his MMA promotion.

Silva retired from the sport on Sept. 19, and vowed to start "a war" against promoters, claiming they underpay the fighters, and attacking the athletic commission. Banned for life and fined $70,000 by the Nevada Athletic Commission, Silva got a response from the UFC president.

"You know how much money Wanderlei Silva has made since hes been with the UFC? $9.7 million," White said in an interview to Combate after UFC 178 weigh-ins.

"So Silva says everybodys getting rich except the fighters. What does Wanderlei considers rich? $9.7 million isnt rich? A lot of people would consider that rich," he continued. "Let me say you what: Wanderlei Silva has fought six times in the last five years. Hes fought six times in five years. If being overworked is fighting one time a year, I dont know what to tell you.

"And I think his strategy right now is brilliant. If Wanderlei Silva was standing here, not me, and youre interviewing him, he would go crazy about I hate the UFC, these guys dont pay us, Ive given them my body and they dont pay."

Silva went 4-5 inside the Octagon after his run at PRIDE, where he reigned for years. According to White, the Brazilian legend, who retires from the sport following an epic TKO victory over Brian Stann in Japan, pretended to be injured to avoid fighting Chael Sonnen earlier this year.

"When we offered him the fight, he said he was hurt. We sent him to a doctor two different times, and the doctor said this man is not hurt. Theres nothing wrong with him," White said.
The Brazilian is still under contract with the UFC, and White wants to wait and see how his fight against the NAC will end.

"Hes under contract. His contract is frozen," he said. "It doesnt matter. His contract doesnt matter. He has been banned from the athletic commission. Hes appealing it, and he needs to go through the legal process. This thing is gonna play out. You know, I never had anything bad to say about Wanderlei, I still dont have anything bad to say about Wanderlei, but he could have not have handled this situation any worse than he has.

"Drug tests are in place for the safety of all the fighters. Not only did he run from the drug test, I kept calling him and he didnt return any of my calls, any of my texts, and he didnt return anybody elses phone calls and texts," White added. "This man disappeared from the face of the Earth for days."

waarom zou hij niet tegen Sonnen willen vechten. Bang te verliezen?

waarom zou hij niet tegen Sonnen willen vechten. Bang te verliezen?

Dat. En denk dat hij niet zat te wachten op de stijl van Sonnen die er een wrestle fuck spektakel van had gemaakt.

Back
Naar boven