AndroidHealthClinic

Sticky ~~ Eiwitreep Recepten ~~ (1 bezoeker)

Bezoekers in dit topic

kingnbajam

Advanced Bodybuilder
15 jaar lid
Lid geworden
10 nov 2002
Waardering
Protein Bars

NOTES:
1) A "scoop" of protein powder is generally 1/3 cup
2) Feel free to substitute other artificial sweeteners for those cited, especially in those that are not baked. See my page on Sweeteners for more info on which is best for you and for a conversions chart.
3) Protein powders are pretty much interchangeable. Keep in mind, though, that carb & protein counts vary by brand and flavor, so your end result may differ from the original recipe.
4) Feel free to have fun, try other flavor combinations, wing it given whatever ingredients you have on hand. This is all supposed to be enjoyable and creative, right? ;-)

STACEY'S CHOCOLATE-NUT PROTEIN BARS
from Barbo's

1 square unsweetened baker's chocolate
2 Tbl butter
2 Tbl heavy cream
3 pkts Splenda
3 scoops (1 cup) Chocolate Designer Protein (or any other chocolate whey protein)
1 cup chopped nuts of choice
1/2 cup unsweetened coconut
2 Tbl liquid, any of the following, listed in order of preference: Sugar Free Syrup (Davinci, Torani), maple syrup, coffee, water

Melt chocolate and butter in micro 1 min; stir until completely melted.
Add Equal and heavy cream and stir until creamy.
Add protein powder, peanuts, coconut and stir till mixed pretty well.
Add liquid of choice and mix thoroughly. You may have to knead with your hands at this point, as mixture will be very stiff.
Line a bread loaf pan with plastic wrap and press in mixture firmly and evenly. Chill till firm.
Cut into bars. (This recipe should yiel 6-8 bars.

Approx 5 carbs &/15 grams protein per 1/6 recipe.

>>>>>

DEBSY'S CHOCOLATE FUDGE BARS
from Barbo's

7 scoops (2 & 1/3 cups) Chocolate Designer Protein powder (122.5 protein;10.5 carbs)
1/2 cup melted butter
4 oz cream cheese (8 protein;4 carbs)
1/2 cup walnuts (10 protein; 5 carbs)

Melt butter & cream cheese in microwave and stir until smooth.
Mix in protein powder. Stir until mixed. This will be very thick and hard to stir.
Add chopped walnuts and mix.
Put in a greased bread pan. Chill.
Cut into 8 pieces.
When firm, you can wrap each piece in plastic wrap and store in fridge.
Yield: 8 generous bars. Protein per bar: 17.5 Carbs per bar: 2.43
Debsy's comments: I was trying to come up with a high protein bar with stats close to the Atkins bars, but no glycerine. These come out chewy and look like fudge. They don't taste as good as sugar fudge, but the taste is still good. Much cheaper to make than buying Atkins.
Note from BK: I bet adding a little SF syrup or Splenda would improve these, make them more fudge-like.

>>>>>

COCO'S PROTEIN BARS

4 oz cream cheese
1/2 cup butter
1/4 cup sugar-free peanut butter
1/4 cup SF vanilla syrup
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp coconut extract
1 cup chopped nuts (optional)
2 cups Optimum Nutrition protein powder (vanilla ice cream flavor)
2 cups Designer Protein powder (vanilla praline flavor)

Melt together in microwave: cream cheese, butter, PB.
Add syrup, extracts and nuts to cream cheese mixture and mix well.
Stir or knead in the protein powders. At this point the mixture becomes quite sticky and difficult to mix thoroughly.
Press with your hands into a greased 9x13" baking pan, cover with plastic wrap and keep in the fridge. Yield: 20 bars
Carb counts: Without nuts: 48 total (16 from fiber)=2.4/bar
With nuts: 60 total (28 from fiber)= 3/bar

>>>>>

LEMON-BANANA-CRANBERRY BARS
from Ginger

3 scoops vanilla protein powder
3 tsp baking powder
8 tsp Splenda
4 eggs
1/4 cup of Flax Seed oil (or olive oil)
1/4 cup water
1 cup cranberries
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 tsp lemon extract
2 tsp banana extract

Mix together dry ingredients.
In separate bowl mix together eggs, oil, and extracts & beat well.
Add to dry ingredients to second mixture, combining well.
Add water and cranberries. Should be a wet consistency like a cake mix.
Pour into pam-sprayed square cake pan.
Cook at 325 for 10-15 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean. Sometimes may take longer to cook, depending on type of protein powder used.
Cut into four squares. Each square has about 20 grams of protein, 4.13 grams of carbs.
Great meal replacement.

>>>>>

FUDGEY-NUTTY BARS
from Ginger

2 and 1/3 cups vanilla protein powder
1 oz square unsweetened chocolate
1/2 cup butter
4 oz cream cheese
1 oz chopped almonds
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp peanut butter
1/4 cup Splenda

Melt butter, cream cheese, peanut butter and chocolate in bowl in microwave.
Mix together very well and then add splenda & vanilla, mixing well again.
Add walnuts and protein powder and mix. It will be difficult and messy to mix, you will have to use your hands near the end to knead it all together, squeezing so that the powder is incorporated into the mixture.
Now place in an 8x8 0r 9x9 baking pan, flatten and refrigerate.
When cooled and hardened, cut into 8 bars. Per bar: 21 grams protein, 3.15 carbs. (This will vary according to the protein powder you use, I use Optimum Nutrtion as I have found it to be the best and it has 22g protein and 1.5g carbs in each scoop, but no aspartame.)

>>>>>

BECCA'S CHOCOLATE PROTEIN BARS

2 squares unsweetened baker's chocolate
4 Tbl butter
4 Tbl heavy cream
1 tsp vanilla extract
6 packets Splenda
6 scoops Optimum Nutrition Double Rich Chocolate Protein Powder
1 & 1/2 cups chopped pecans
1 cup dried, unsweetened coconut
1/4 cup flax seeds, measured and then ground
4 Tbl Sugar-free DaVinci syrup (hazelnut is best)

Melt chocolate and butter in microwave.
Mix in Splenda, then add cream & vanilla, blending thoroughly.
Add the protein powder and mix until powder is completely incorporated.
Mix flax, pecans, and coconut together and pour over chocolate mix.
Pour the sugar-free syrup over this and mix together with hands until well-blended.
Line a 9" by 9" pan with plastic wrap and firmly press the incredibly sticky stuff into it.
Cover with another layer of plastic wrap and chill.
Yield: 12 bars. Each has 8 carbs, 3.6 gr. fiber, 14 gr. protein.

>>>>>

BRIN'S FUDGEY CARAMEL BARS

4 Tbl butter
1.5 Tbl unsweetened cocoa powder
2 Tbl DaVinci Chocolate SF syrup
2 cups Optimum Nutrition Chocolate Whey Protein
1 cup coarsely chopped nuts

Melt butter in large bowl in microwave.
Whisk cocoa in well, then SF syrup.
Incorporate protein powder.
Add chopped nuts
Press into wax-paper-lined 9x9 pan & refrigerate.
Caramel consistency, and much better than any of my old fudge recipes. Plus, no wasted calories. High Protein snack or dessert. Best cold.

>>>>>

BRIN'S PEANUT BUTTER COOKIE DOUGH BARS

2c protein powder (both vanilla & chocolate would work)
1/2 cup of chunky natural peanut butter
1/4 cup melted butter
Enough vanilla Davinci SF syrup to make the consistency of cookie dough.

Mix PB & SF syrup with melted butter.
Add protein powder & mix until well-blended.
Either refrigerate and eat like cookie dough or bake & cut into PB cookie bars.
Note from BK: I bet that lowcarb maple syrup would work as well as Davinci for these.

>>>>>

KRIS'S PB PROTEIN BARS

I like to mix unsweetened peanut butter with vanilla protein powder and sweetner to taste, add some TVP for crunch and a little low-fat cream cheese. Don't have exact amounts but it should look and taste like cookie dough. Mix it up, flatten in pan, chill and slice. You can spread melted low-carb chocolate over these before chilling for an extra treat. (I melt unsweetend chocolate in the micro and mix in some stevia or splenda)

>>>>>

SESAME-ALMOND PROTEIN BARS
from Lottie

1/4 cup cream cheese (2 carbs/4 protein)
1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup tahini, from roasted sesame seeds (12 carbs/10 protein/5.6 fiber)
1/4 tsp pure stevia powder
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp almond extract
1 1/4 cup Twinlab VegeFuel (isolated soy protein; 0 carbs/200 protein)
1/3 cup Naturade N-R-G vanilla protein powder (3 carbs/32 protein)
1/2 cup DaVinci SF Vanilla Syrup
2 Tbsp. DaVinci SF Maple Syrup
2 oz finely chopped almonds (12 carbs/12 protein/7 fiber)

After melting cream cheese & butter, mix in tahini, stevia, and extracts.
Mix in protein powders.
Add syrups and mix well.
Mix in chopped almonds.
May need to add more or less syrup to get texture you like.
Place in 9x9 square pan & put in refrigerator until firm.
Cut into 12 bars (or size you want).
I store mine in freezer and eat frozen. My co-worker stores in fridge because he likes his softer.

These are very flexible. I think you can use whatever kind of protein powder you want, and could use any kind of artificial sweetener you wanted in greater or lesser degrees, or any flavor of syrup or extract. For example, I've made with DaVinci's macadamia syrup and added chopped roasted macadamia nuts, and with Davinci's butter rum syrup and added roasted pecans. I also made w/ 2/3 VegeFuel and 1/3 Naturade N-R-G, added a higher proportion of vanilla syrup, plus vanilla, coconut, and almond extracts, and a little Stevia powder, and whipped it up, and it was close enough to fudge for my taste.

Yield: 2 bars; 2.4 grams carbs per bar (1.4 carbs per bar if subtract fiber) and 21.5 grams protein

COFFEE PROTEIN BARS

1/4 cup oil
3/4 cup vanilla whey powder
2 eggs
2 Tbl oat flour
1/4 cup heavy cream
1 Tbl baking powder
1/4 cup hot water
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp instant coffee
1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
1/4 cup Splenda
1 tsp liquid sweet n low

Dissolve coffee in hot water.
Mix oil, eggs, cream, water, Splenda & sweet 'n low together.
Mix dry ingredients together and then add to the first mixture. Stir till moistened.
Pour into 8" pan. Tap on counter to settle the bubbles.
Sprinkle chips on top.
Bake at 375 degrees for 12-15 min. Be careful not to overbake.
Cut into 16 pieces. Each piece has 3 carbs.

>>>>>

PEANUT BUTTER PROTEIN BARS
from lowcarbluxury

2 Tbl SF peanut butter
2 Tbl butter, melted
1/2 tsp liquid artificial sweetener
1/4 cup Splenda
1 scoop Vanilla Praline Designer Whey protein powder

Melt peanut butter and butter in microwave or double boiler.
Mix in the sweeteners thoroughly.
Add protein powder and stir until it forms a ball. (You may need to use clean hands to aid in the thorough mixing.)
Roll up in ball and knead a bit; then separate into even portions, shaping as desired.
Refrigerate until firm.

Makes 4 bars. Approx 2 carbs per bar.

>>>>>

MAPLE VANILLA PROTEIN BARS
from Lottie

4 oz cream cheese
1 stick butter (1/4 lb)
1 cup Twinlab VegeFuel (isolated soy protein powder)
1 cup N-R-G Naturade Vanilla Protein Powder
1/2 cup DaVinci Sugarfree Vanilla Syrup w/Splenda
1/4 cup DaVinci Sugarfree Maple Syrup w/ Splenda
1 tsp. vanilla extract

Melt cream cheese and butter (I did it in the microwave). Mix in protein powders.
Add syrups and vanilla extract and mix until consistency is like very thick cookie dough (may take more than specified amounts).
Put in 9x9 square pan & refrigerate until stiff and cut into 12 bars. Wrap bars individually and store in freezer.
Can either eat frozen or thawed.

I also freeze them, which makes them very hard. My co-worker doesn't and he has taken his on trips and they held up well.
I've also made these using soy-based "cream cheese" and that works fine too, for those who try to limit the amount of dairy they eat.

>>>>>

APPLE SPICE PROTEIN BARS
from Lira

3 scoops vanilla protein powder
3 tsp baking powder
8 tsp Splenda
4 eggs
1/4 cup Flax Seed oil (or olive oil)
1/4 cup water
1/2 apple (chopped into tiny pieces)
1 Tbl vanilla extract
2 tsp lemon extract
1 tsp maple extract
1 Tbl cinnamon
1 tsp nutmeg

Mix together dry ingredients.
In separate bowl mix together eggs, oil, and extracts. Beat well & then add to dry ingredients, mixing well.
Add water and apple.
Should be a wet consistency like a cake mix.
Pour into Pam-sprayed square cake pan.
Cook at 325 for 15-25 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean. May take longer to cook, depending on consistency of protein powder used.
Cut into nine squares.
Approximately 3-5 carbs per bar depending on the amount/type of fruit, spices, protein powder, etc.

>>>>>

SESAME PROTEIN BARS
From Suzy @ Barbo?

These don't need refrigeration and THEY DON'T MELT IN YOUR PURSE!

2 Tbl butter
4 Tbl sesame tahini OR peanut butter
1 cup sesame seeds (preferably white sesame seeds)
3 pkts Equal or eqivalent
3 scoops Designer Protein (Vanilla Praline OR Vanilla or any other similar whey protein )
2 Tbl Sugar Free Torani Syrup (Hazelnut OR Vanilla Or Almond) OR 2 Tbls sugar free maple syrup

Melt butter and Tahini or peanut butter in microwave, about 1 minute.
Add protein powder, sesame seeds and Equal and mix to combine.
Add syrup and mix again. You may have to knead with your hands at this point, as mixture will be VERY stiff.
Line the a bread loaf pan with plastic wrap and press mixture evenly and FIRMLY into bottom of pan. Chill until firm. Unmold and cut into 6 bars.

4 grams carb/20 grams protein per bar

>>>>>

ALMOND JOY PROTEIN BARS
from Angy @ Barbo's

5 Branacrisp Crackers, crushed
1/2 cup flax seed meal (1/4 cup seeds, ground)
1 cup walnuts, coarsely chopped
2 scoops Chocolate Whey Protein Powder
2 scoops Soy Protein Powder
2 Tbl oatmeal
1/4 cup Splenda
20 drops Stevia (or just add any artificial sweetener to taste; start with the equivalent of 2 Tbl & add until sweet enough for you)
2 Tbl unsweetened coconut
1 Tbl unsweetened cocoa powder
1/4 cup cream
1/4 cup water
1/4 cup butter
2 Tbl Low-Carb Maple Syrup or cold coffee
1 tsp coconut extract (optional)
2 tsp almond extract (optional)

Crush crackers or whirl in food processor to grind fine, and then combine in bowl with other dry ingredients.
In microwave or on stovetop, melt together cream, water, butter and maple syrup (or cold coffee).
Remove from heat and add extracts at this time if using them, then whisk to make sauce smooth.
Pour hot mixture over dry ingredients and mix well.
Press into buttered 8x8" pan with buttered fingers. Chill and cut.
Wrap each bar in Saran or foil and keep in fridge or freezer. Keeping in freezer is no problem as they thaw in about 5 minutes.

9.8 carbs per bar, minus 5.9 fiber for 3.9 net each.

This recipe appeared in Bicycling magazine 2-3 years ago. It's a good alternative to buying energy bars- these are cheap, easy to make, don't melt in hot weather, and actually taste pretty good.

24 dried figs

1/3 cup honey

4 Tbsp orange juice

2 Tbsp lemon juice

2 1/2 cups unbleached flour

1/2 tsp baking soda

1/4 tsp baking powder

1 Tbsp canola oil

1/4 cup dark corn syrup

2 egg whites (I use egg substitute)

1 cup oat bran

Instructions: mix figs, honey, OJ and lemon juice in a food processor. Mix all other ingredients seperately (except oat bran). Combine 2 mixtures, roll into golf ball sized balls (makes 20-24), coat with oat bran, and bake at 350 deg for 10-15 minutes. Store finished product in the refrigerator.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tom Roehr's recipe for a home made 40/30/30 bar.

3.5 Tbsp of Joe Weider's 90% Plus Protein Mix (I use Chocolate Malt Flavored)

2 Tbsp Peanut Butter (I use a brand that has only peanuts and salt as the ingredients)

3 Tbsp Light Corn Syrup (Karo)

Mix ingredients together in a bowl. You will end up with something with the consistency of Play-Dough. If it seems wet, add a little more of the Protein mix.

Here is the caloric breakdown (Using values from USDA listing on packages)
Protein
Carbohydrates
Fat

Weider Protein

Peanut Butter

Corn Syrup

Totals
29.65%
40.28%
30.26%
499 Total Calories

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nuclear Free Energy Bar Recipe

Phil Etheridge

Comments and suggestions welcome.

They seem to work well for me. I eat bananas as well, in about equal quanities to the Nuclear Free Energy Bars. I usually have two drink bottles, one with water to wash down the food, the other with a carbo drink.

You will maybe note that there are no dairy products in my recipe -- that's because I'm allergic to them. You could easily replace the soy milk powder with the cow equivalent, but then you'd definitely have to include some maltodextrin (my soy drink already has some in it). I plan to replace about half the honey with maltodextrin when I find a local source. If you prefer cocoa to carob, you can easily substitute.

C = 250 ml cup, T = 15 ml tablespoon

1 C Oat Bran
1/2 C Toasted Sunflower and/or Sesame seeds, ground (I use a food processor)
1/2 C Soy Milk Powder (the stuff I get has 37% maltodextrin, ~20% dextrose*)
1/2 C Raisins
2T Carob Powde

Mix well, then add to

1/2 C Brown Rice, Cooked and Minced (Using a food processor again)
1/2 C Peanut Butter (more or less, depending on consistency)
1/2 C Honey (I use clear, runny stuff, you may need to warm if it's thicker and/or add a little water)

Stir and knead (I knead in more Oat Bran or Rolled Oats) until thoroughly mixed. A cake mixer works well for this. The bars can be reasonably soft, as a night in the fridge helps to bind it all together. Roll or press out about 1cm thick and cut. Makes about 16, the size I like them (approx 1cm x 1.5cm x 6cm).

* Can't remember exact name, dextrose something)

Another Powerbars Recipe John McClintic

Have you ever watched a hummingbird? Think about it! Hummingbirds eat constantly to survive. We lumpish earthbound creatures are in no position to imitate this. Simply, if we overeat we get fat.

There are exceptions: those who exercise very strenuously can utilize - indeed, actually need - large amounts of carbohydrates.

For example, Marathon runners "load" carbohydrates by stuffing themselves with pasta before a race. On the flip side Long-distance cyclists maintain their energy level by "power snacking".

With reward to the cyclist and their need for "power snacking" I submit the following "power bar" recipe which was originated by a fellow named Bill Paterson. Bill is from Portland Oregon.

The odd ingredient in the bar, paraffin, is widely used in chocolate manufacture to improve smoothness and flowability, raise the melting point, and retard deterioration of texture and flavor. Butter can be used instead, but a butter-chocolate mixture doesn't cover as thinly or smoothly.

POWER BARS

1 cup regular rolled oats
1/2 cup sesame seed
1 1/2 cups dried apricots, finely chopped
1 1/2 cups raisins
1 cup shredded unsweetened dry coconut
1 cup blanched almonds, chopped
1/2 cup nonfat dry milk
1/2 cup toasted wheat germ
2 teaspoons butter or margarine

1 cup light corn syrup
3/4 cup sugar
1 1/4 cups chunk-style peanut butter
1 teaspoon orange extract
2 teaspoons grated orange peel
1 package (12 oz.) or 2 cups semisweet chocolate baking chips
4 ounces paraffin or 3/4 cup (3/4 lb.) butter or margarine

Spread oats in a 10- by 15-inch baking pan. Bake in a 300 degree oven until oats are toasted, about 25 minutes. Stir frequently to prevent scorching.

Meanwhile, place sesame seed in a 10- to 12-inch frying pan over medium heat. Shake often or stir until seeds are golden, about 7 minutes.

Pour into a large bowl. Add apricots, raisins, coconut, almonds, dry milk, and wheat germ; mix well. Mix hot oats into dried fruit mixture.

Butter the hot backing pan; set aside.

In the frying pan, combine corn syrup and sugar; bring to a rolling boil over medium high heat and quickly stir in the peanut butter, orange extract, and orange peel.

At once, pour over the oatmeal mixture and mix well. Quickly spread in buttered pan an press into an even layer. Then cover and chill until firm, at least 4 hours or until next day.

Cut into bars about 1 1/4 by 2 1/2 inches.

Combine chocolate chips and paraffin in to top of a double boiler. Place over simmering water until melted; stir often. Turn heat to low.

Using tongs, dip 1 bar at a time into chocolate, hold over pan until it stops dripping (with paraffin, the coating firms very quickly), then place on wire racks set above waxed paper.

When firm and cool (bars with butter in the chocolate coating may need to be chilled), serve bars, or wrap individually in foil. Store in the refrigerator up to 4 weeks; freeze to store longer. Makes about 4 dozen bars, about 1 ounce each.

Per piece: 188 cal.; 4.4 g protein; 29 g carbo.; 9.8 g fat; 0.6 mg chol.; 40 mg sodium.

Powerbars NO more, homemade -- YES!!! Eric Conrad

I don't know about any of you out there in cyber-mtbike-land, but I was getting tired of buying Powerbars and other nutrition supplements to enhance my riding. However, I do understand the benefit of having a quick, nutritious snack that is full of energy on hand during a ride.

So I asked around and came up with a recipe for Powerbar-like bars that seem to have a lot of what we need. I'll place the recipe here on the Usenet for all to copy, distribute ... [but please don't market them, cause I'll only kick myself for not doing it first ;-) ].

Please make them and enjoy them before you think about flaming me. Trust me, you'll like them much more than Powerbars, and they're cheaper to make than to buy their counterpart.

ALSO, PLEASE POST ANY OTHER RECIPES YOU HAVE FOUND THAT HELP BIKING PERFORMANCE!!!

Eric BARS OF IRON :-}

1 Cup dark raisins 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder

1/2 Cup golden raisins 1/2 teaspoon baking soda

1/3 Cup butter or Margarine 1/2 teaspoon salt

1/2 Cup sugar 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger

1 egg 1/2 Cup liquid milk

1 1/4 Cup Whole Wheat Flour 1 Cup quick cooking oats

1/4 Cup toasted wheat germ 1 Cup sliced almonds (optional)

1/2 Cup golden molasses (dark is ok also)

1/2 Cup Nonfat dry milk

Chop raisins (in food processor if possible). Cream butter, sugar, molasses & egg.

Combine flour, dry milk, wheat germ, baking powder, baking soda, salt and ginger. Blend into creamed mixture with liquid milk. Stir in oats, raisins, and half the almonds (if desired).

Pour into greased 13x9x2 inch pan and spread evenly. Sprinkle with remaining almonds (if desired).

Bake at 350 degrees for approx. 30 minutes. Cool in pan and cut into 1x4 inch bars.

Sugar Free High Protein Ice Cream
This is the ultimate recipe....even better than my protein bars

In a blender, food processor (or bowl if you have a hand mixer thingy) mix:

Chocolate Ice Cream

1-2 scoops chocolate protein
2 tbsp SF/FF chocolate pudding powder
3 tbsp heavy whipping cream
1/4 tsp pure vanilla extract
3/4 cup water
1 packet of sweetner....depending on the protein you use, you may or may not need this.

Whip the crap out of it, pour it in a bowl and stick it in the freezer. Stir every once in a while so it doesn't become a hard lump....it's so beyond good

Strawberry Ice Cream

Follow the same steps/amts but use strawberry protein powder, and vanilla pudding powder and add in 1/4 cup of frozen strawberries or mixed berries before blending.

If you use only 2 tbsp of cream, and increase the water slightly, it comes out w/ more of a fudgesicle texture.

Protein Pudding

1 pkg sugar free, fat free jello pudding, chocolate or vanilla
1-2 scoops protein, corresponding flavour
2 cups ff milk
FF SF cool whip
Flavoured coffee crystals

Mix pudding and protein, add milk and set in fridge. Mix cool whip and coffee, or if not using coffee, use a flavour extract such as rum, vanilla, almond. Pour 1/2 cup pudding into 2 small bowls. Add two tablespoons whipped cream. Add rest of pudding to the two cups and top w/ another 2 tbsp cool whip.

Makes 2 servings

Per serving, chocolate: (My protein has the following breakdown per scoop: 114 kcal, 22 protein, 3 carbs, 1.5 fat) 165.5 kcals, 15.8 g protein, 23.1 g carbs, 1.15 fat

Low-carb Protein Bar

This is my very own recipe

1/3 c protein
1/2 c oats
1/4 c dry skim milk
2 tbsp cocoa
12 sweetner packets
1 tbsp cream cheese
1/4 c natural peanut butter
1/4 c flavoured coffee
skim milk , approx. 1/4 c

Mix pb, cheese and coffee, nuke for 30 seconds. Combine dry ingredients and slowy add to wet, mixing w/ a fork. Mixture should be very difficult to mix, stiff. Add skim milk drop by drop until all dry mixutre is mixed in and moist. Press into pam-sprayed flat pan. Makes 8 bars, per bar:

106.9 kcals, 10.2 protein, 7.7 carbs (minus fibre), 4.5 g fat. (not including protein from powder since that will vary

Cinnamon Muffins

I developed this recipe as well.

1/2 cup oats
12 sweetner packets
1/3 cup wheat germ
1 tbsp flax seeds
1/3 c whole wheat flour
1 scoop vanilla whey protein
1/2 tsp baking soda
1.5 tsp baking powder 1.5 tsp cinnamon 1/4 tsp nutmeg & cloves 1 tbsp natural peanut butter
1 tsp Becel Calorie Reduced Margarine
4 egg whites
1/3 cup water

Mix first 10 ingredients in a bowl. Add remaining ingredients and mix well. Bake at 375 for approx 15 minutes.

Makes 5 muffins, each muffin: 169 calories, 12 g protein, 20 g carb, 3 gram fibre, 4 gram fat.

geweldig kerel. zal t dalijk eens goed doorspitten.:thumb:

Ik ben misschien heel lastig, maar ik kan niet zogoed engels :(

Heeft iemand toevallig 1(of meer) repen uitgekozen die hij het best(lekkerst) vind?

Daarna kan ik wel vragen of iemand um wil vertalen.
Het zijn er zoveel, en de meeste dingen die erinmoeten kan ik al niet vertalen
Alvast bedankt!

leip je kan zo een kookboek uitbrengen :P
of een eiwitrepen winkel :D

thnx (ondanks dat ik het niet ga maken)

nou.... recept in t nederlands zou niet gek zijn ;)

ahh kyk ns hier heb ik wat receptjes in t nederlandz:

Pak een grote kom. Doe hier 500 gram honing in. 200 gram zonnebloempitten pasta. Het hele zooitje even in de magnetron en roeren met die hap.
Daarna toevoegen muesli, rozijnen, weiproteine, beetje caseine en wat nutricia rijstevlokken als het te sappig blijft. De lekkere warme massa goed kneden tot een bal groeideeg.
Even uitrekenen hoeveel die bal aan kcal bevat en dan repen maken.
Mijn repen zijn altijd 70 gr K, 30 gr E en 5 gr V.
Gooi de repen in de vriezer en haal hem 's ochtends eruit en je hebt tussen de middag 600 Kcal groeivoer voor tussendoor als je even geen tijd hebt.

2:

450 gram naturel pindakaas
8 eetlepels honing
6 maatscheppen Optimum Chocolate whey protein powder
1 kopje ongekookte havermout

Mix de pindakaas en de honing in een kom, magnetron op maximum voor 80 seconden. voeg de rest toe, en mix het samen. Je kan rozijnen/noten toevoegen voor extra smaak. Giet in 13x9 vormpjes en laat het staan voor 20 minuten. Snij het in 10 tot 12 gelijke repen en wikkel het in en leg het in de ijskast.

En dit zit er nu in:

Proteine: 254 grams
Koolhydraten: 282 grams
Vetten: 236 grams

Dit goedje totaal is 4268 calories. Jawel, 4000 Calories en 250+ gram proteine :).

Zit alleen btje veel vet in dankzij de pindakaas?

damn man zoveel pindakaas.
dat smeren wij tog op onze boterham oa hé?(belgen)
vervanger voor pindakaas=brinta,melk en paar eiers?
maar om zo'n dingen te maken keer je toch steeds weer naar je weipoeder:)

nu weet ik niet hoeveel slechte vetten erin zijn dus is een beoordeling erover te vroeg.

steebz zei:

Pak een grote kom. Doe hier 500 gram honing in. 200 gram zonnebloempitten pasta. Het hele zooitje even in de magnetron en roeren met die hap.
Daarna toevoegen muesli, rozijnen, weiproteine, beetje caseine en wat nutricia rijstevlokken als het te sappig blijft. De lekkere warme massa goed kneden tot een bal groeideeg.
Gooi de repen in de vriezer en haal hem 's ochtends eruit en je hebt tussen de middag 600 Kcal groeivoer voor tussendoor als je even geen tijd hebt.

2:

8 eetlepels honing

Mix de pindakaas en de honing in een kom, magnetron op maximum voor 80 seconden. voeg de rest toe, en mix het samen. Je kan rozijnen/noten toevoegen voor extra smaak. Giet in 13x9 vormpjes en laat het staan voor 20 minuten. Snij het in 10 tot 12 gelijke repen en wikkel het in en leg het in de ijskast.

En dit zit er nu in:

Dit goedje totaal is 4268 calories. Jawel, 4000 Calories en 250+ gram proteine :).

ja deze is erg goed, en die vet valt best mee..perfect voor 'noodgevallen'

2:

8 eetlepels honing

En dit zit er nu in:

Goed recept man! Ik heb het alleen zodanig gedoseerd dat de uiteindelijke verdeling Pro:Carbs:Vetten = 50:30:20

M.a.w., wat minder pindakaas gebruikt. Heel goed te eten.

Goed recept man! Ik heb het alleen zodanig gedoseerd dat de uiteindelijke verdeling Pro:Carbs:Vetten = 50:30:20

M.a.w., wat minder pindakaas gebruikt. Heel goed te eten.

welke dozering heb je dan genomen? enkel minder pindakaas?

Ik heb ongeveer dit gedaan:

- 8 maatscheppen whey iwit (28 gram per schep, 22 gram eiwit, +/- 900 kcal)
- pindakaas ongeveer half potje van een 400 gram pot -> =/- 200 gram pindakaas (40 g eiwit, 60 g carbs, 80 g vet, 1100 kcal). Ik heb pindakaas light gebruikt.
- 4 eetlepels honing. Hier zit met name koolhydraat in. Ik schat dat die 4 lepels zo'n 50 gram zijn, dus 35 gram carbs en 150 kcal.
- 100 gram havermout een een paar rozijnen, +/- 15 gram eiwit, 70 gram carbs, 400 kcals

Ongeveer 2500 kcal totaal. En het is redelijk veel spul; je kunt er volgens mij 5 dagen over doen.

Dus zoiets:
Eiwit: +/-230 gram
Carbs: +/-160 gram
Vet: +/-90 gram

Je meot wel bedenken dat je het met je hand moet mixen; het is zeer visceuse massa en het vergt kracht in je vingers:) om de boel goed te kneden en mixen. Het spul is vanwege de honing en pindakaas heel erg plakkerig, een beetje irritant maar verder niet zo'n probleem. Alles bij elkaar iets van 15-20 min werk (incl. afwassen). Ik heb het daarna in de vriezer gezet, maar misschien is het geen slecht idee om het ff af te bakken (5 min), zodat het vocht er een beetje uit trekt.

Oftewel in %:
Eiwit:Carbs:Vet = 48:33:19

Overigens, zo'n keukenweegschaaltje lijkt me wel handig voor dit soort dingen. Kan je repen daarna ook nog wegen. Bij Kijkshop zie ik er eentje staan voor 12 euro; weegt tot 500 gram. Ik ga hem halen.

Laatst bewerkt:
??????ik snap dr niks van, dat is helemaal geen nederlands!

goh wat kunnen jullie goed bakken. Ik ken d'r niks van ...

Ik kan wel pannekoeken maken :D

Laatst bewerkt:
Nou 1e poging hij staat nu koud.

Volgens mij heb ik er iets teveel pindakaas bij gedaan, die is iets te sterk aanwezig. Verder smaakt hij wel oke :)

Ik heb ongeveer dit gedaan:

- 8 maatscheppen whey iwit (28 gram per schep, 22 gram eiwit, +/- 900 kcal)
- pindakaas ongeveer half potje van een 400 gram pot -> =/- 200 gram pindakaas (40 g eiwit, 60 g carbs, 80 g vet, 1100 kcal). Ik heb pindakaas light gebruikt.
- 4 eetlepels honing. Hier zit met name koolhydraat in. Ik schat dat die 4 lepels zo'n 50 gram zijn, dus 35 gram carbs en 150 kcal.
- 100 gram havermout een een paar rozijnen, +/- 15 gram eiwit, 70 gram carbs, 400 kcals

Ongeveer 2500 kcal totaal. En het is redelijk veel spul; je kunt er volgens mij 5 dagen over doen.

Dus zoiets:
Eiwit: +/-230 gram
Carbs: +/-160 gram
Vet: +/-90 gram

Je meot wel bedenken dat je het met je hand moet mixen; het is zeer visceuse massa en het vergt kracht in je vingers:) om de boel goed te kneden en mixen. Het spul is vanwege de honing en pindakaas heel erg plakkerig, een beetje irritant maar verder niet zo'n probleem. Alles bij elkaar iets van 15-20 min werk (incl. afwassen). Ik heb het daarna in de vriezer gezet, maar misschien is het geen slecht idee om het ff af te bakken (5 min), zodat het vocht er een beetje uit trekt.

Oftewel in %:
Eiwit:Carbs:Vet = 48:33:19

Overigens, zo'n keukenweegschaaltje lijkt me wel handig voor dit soort dingen. Kan je repen daarna ook nog wegen. Bij Kijkshop zie ik er eentje staan voor 12 euro; weegt tot 500 gram. Ik ga hem halen.

Heb het zelf iets anders:
Whey
Rozijnen
Pindakaas
Brinta
Eieren

50:30:20 pro/carb/vet

Kun je dit niet allemaal in de blender gooien?

Back
Naar boven