MuscleMeat

Elbrus Nigmatullin Interview (1 bezoeker)

Bezoekers in dit topic

Stahmixson

dutchhighlander.nl
Elite Member
10 jaar lid
Lid geworden
25 apr 2006
Waardering
Lengte
1m95
Massa
138kg
Elbrus Nigmatullin Interview by Randall J. Strossen, Ph.D. | ©2007 IronMind

Thanks to Boris Kirshin and Sergey Klimakov of the “Chelyabinks Worker” newspaper, we are pleased to present a “translation made specially for IronMind” of an interview with Elbrus Nigmatullin, who is set to compete in the 2007 World’s Strongest Man contest - which begins on Saturday.
[Afbeelding niet meer beschikbaar]

Elbrus (left) and Misha (right) “after the World Championships in pairs in Poland (still friends, 2005).” Photo courtesy of Boris Kirshin and Sergey Klimakov of “Chelyabinks Worker” newspaper.

Elbrus Nigmatullin (EN): Last year the strongest athletes were in my subgroup and they closed my road to the final. I lost one and half points to Phil Pfister and Mark Felix . . . I hope this time Lady Luck will smile on me!

”Chelabinks Worker” (CW): People say that you’ve already finished with your sport activities and start socio-political career.

EN: Stuff and nonsense! The main argument against it is the invitation to this competition. Only athletes who took part in the last year international starting line get the invitation to the competition. I was on the second place in the World Cup final and I’ve also showed good results on the European championship in Poland this year.

CW: Do you know any other candidates for the World Championship?

EN: There are only three world level athletes: I, Michael [“Misha”] Kokljaev and Igor Pedan. But we are in different strongman camps. Michael and Igor are the Russian Strength Extreme League, which is working with International Federation of Strength Athlete (IFSA). I’m in the anti-IFSA camp. We have different world championships. In the nearest future I’m going to “The World Strongest Man” in USA and Kokljaev is going to the IFSA World Championship in South Korea. It is still unknown if Pedan will take part in this competition or not [IronMind: Pedan did compete in the IFSA World Championships, which are underway at the moment, but he just barely missed advancing to the finals from his semi-finals heat]. No other Russian athletes, including athletes from Chalyabinst, have the world championship level. I think, only once Alexey Serebrykov successfully took part in international competitions. Dmitryi Kononez took part three times in some stages of World Cup (with my assistance) and he was on the sixth-eighth places. But those results are not enough to participate in the world championship.

CW: Who is your main sport rival?

EN: I acknowledge that only Michael Kokljaev is the main rival in Russia. In this case, besides the sport rivalry I also have some private things. In 2004 when he didn’t participate in the Olympic Games and was on the crossroads: to stay in the weightlifting or not, I carried him to the strongman. During that year I was his teacher, I opened to him all the “cuisine” of this sport, and I introduced him to the main people. I wanted to be the hero trainer, because Michael is really strong, hard-working and I believed in him. And then there was the common sport history. Michael signed the contract with Vladimir Turchinskij League without me, [while] I was [at the] Chengdu Championship. I thought he’ll let me know beforehand. In short, my alumnus became my first rival. The League doesn’t need my name in his sport history; it seems like there was no Nigmatullin in his sport career. Nevertheless, Michael thanked me in some interviews. Today I’m in another camp. Last time we met on the “Russian Strongest Man Final 2005” and I won him. It was the most significant victory in my life. I won like Zhukov won the battle of Moscow. I proved that I’m not the past stage of Michael sport history, I’m his main rival. But, in spite of that fact, we are in good relations with Michael. Nowadays due to the regular telecasting on “Sport” channel, people think that Koklyaev is the monopoly in Russian strength extreme. But it’s not so, and while I participate he knows it.

CW: Is it hard for you to maintain your image without championship telecasting?

EN: The competitions in which I regularly take part also have the broadcasting. But not in Russia. Mainly they are shown on “Eurosport” (about 50 countries broadcasting), “Fox Sport”, “ESPN” many national channels buy and show it. Today I think I’m equally famous in Russia and abroad. After “The World Strongest Man” in Chengu, I’ve found my photo on the “Washington Post” site. Last year after Hainan - they noticed me in “Times”. And here’s the recent case. Early in the morning Shamil Sultanov, the State Duma deputy, is calling: “Elbrus, I’m in Algeria with my Arabian friends. We are watching you on the TV and they are interested in working with you, they have some projects.” There are two elite Asian strongmen, I and the Iran one. Recently, I was in Moscow and people from news office “Al-Jazeera” promised to shoot a plot about me. Now I’m learning English language, I’m writing on the foreign sport forums. I also take part in Russian regional competitions, for example “Baikal Hercules” in Irk*tsk, to stay in good form. Last year I was also interested in vehicles traction: two Russian records - track-pulls of bus coupling and motor sip on Moscow River. But there should be the limit. For example, Dmitryi Kononez accommodates himself to set “world records” every week in the regional centers of our district.

Interview conducted by Andrey Gorbunov

prachtige broek......:roflol:

twee super goede symphathieke gasten.
Deze prijzen heb ik ze zien winnen in Polen op de wereldkampioenschappen sterkste team van de wereld in the Big "hala arena"of Poznan.
Ik Fungeerde mijn Debuut als International referee op de wereldkampioenschappen met bijna 7a8000 mensen uit te dak gaande Tyfosie.(hoezo vuurdoop)
Dit was in 2005 en Raymon Merckx en Senny schonewille deden ook hier aan mee.
De uiteindelijke winnaars waren Mariusz Pudzianowskie met z'n teammaat Slawomir Toczeck.
Dit alles is terug te lezen op de website van ...::: REAL DUTCH POWER - The power of Dutch strength athletes! - Alles over de sterkste man! - www.realdutchpower.nl :::... in het jaar 2005(ff Bij geschiedenis kijken).(championship of trophy's).(alleen moet Jan Haaring de Foto's terugzetten in het bestand want als je er nu op klikt krijg je foto's van een andere wedstrijd te zien,grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.......
Ik geloof dat ik de een van de weinige gelukkige ben in nederland die ooit zo'n wedstrijd,van het grootste kaliber(wereldkampioenschap sterkste team van de wereld)heb mogen fungeren als international referee,als ik niet de enigste ben,daar ben ik natuurlijk apetrots op.Als hollander en zowieso als Limbo.
groetjes Roy

Das zeker cool Roy!

Respect maar wat een groot hoofd heeft die Elbrus... Aan welke kant die staat hoef ik zeker niet te vertellen

[Afbeelding niet meer beschikbaar]

twee super goede symphathieke gasten.
Deze prijzen heb ik ze zien winnen in Polen op de wereldkampioenschappen sterkste team van de wereld in the Big "hala arena"of Poznan.
Ik Fungeerde mijn Debuut als International referee op de wereldkampioenschappen met bijna 7a8000 mensen uit te dak gaande Tyfosie.(hoezo vuurdoop)
Dit was in 2005 en Raymon Merckx en Senny schonewille deden ook hier aan mee.
De uiteindelijke winnaars waren Mariusz Pudzianowskie met z'n teammaat Slawomir Toczeck.
Dit alles is terug te lezen op de website van ...::: REAL DUTCH POWER - The power of Dutch strength athletes! - Alles over de sterkste man! - www.realdutchpower.nl :::... in het jaar 2005(ff Bij geschiedenis kijken).(championship of trophy's).(alleen moet Jan Haaring de Foto's terugzetten in het bestand want als je er nu op klikt krijg je foto's van een andere wedstrijd te zien,grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.......
Ik geloof dat ik de een van de weinige gelukkige ben in nederland die ooit zo'n wedstrijd,van het grootste kaliber(wereldkampioenschap sterkste team van de wereld)heb mogen fungeren als international referee,als ik niet de enigste ben,daar ben ik natuurlijk apetrots op.Als hollander en zowieso als Limbo.
groetjes Roy

Roy ik moet je toch weer even verbeteren.
Dit was niet het WK teams!!
Want dat wordt elk jaar door de IFSA georganiseerd.
Natuurlijk is het prachtig dat je daar scheidsrechter was:D
Maar Berend Veneberg, Wout en Fokko de Jong en natuurlijk Marcel Mostert hebben tijdens deze wedstrijd al verschillende malen gefungeerd als scheidsrechter.

hahahahaaaaaaa ja Jarno zo heeft elke bond zijn eigen regeltjes;)
IFSA heeft ook een wk sterkste team,dit was de championship of worlds 2005:D
Zoals ik al zei dat ik een van de weinige ben in Nederland,die op zo'n wedstrijd en dat voor een Nederlander heb mogen doen!!
Tuurlijk ben ik daar trots op want dat nemen ze mij nooit meer af.
Ik geloof niet dat Marcel Mostert ooit deze wedstrijd heef gescheidsrechtert,en wout zijlstra ook niet en Fokko ja die ook niet bij de world strongman cup!!
en zoals het hier via de advertentie staat vermeld kan ik dit uit maken.
Elbrus (left) and Misha (right) “after the World Championships in pairs in Poland (still friends, 2005).” Photo courtesy of Boris Kirshin and Sergey Klimakov of “Chelyabinks Worker” newspaper.''
Ach ja het beestje moet gewoon een naam hebben:rolleyes:
Maakt mij eigen ook niets uit het was een prachtige ervaring.
En na het financiele conflict met IFSA en WSMC zal ik dan ook de enigste blijven of er moeten zich mensen van de IFSA bij de WSMC aansluiten.;):D
groetjes roy
en komop daar in Korea!geef gas.

Iets van alle landen dat gedoe tussen de verschillende bonden.

Wel een mooi intervieuw.
Van grote hoofden hebben meer strongman last :D
Dat lijkt mischien niet zo op mijn foto's, maar ik heb een behoorlijk groot hoofd, merk dat altijd als ik op mijn werk een helm van een collega wil opzetten :D

die linker heeft een orgineele bakkers broek aan haha (maar wel sterk)misschien bij geloof??

En die rechter heeft een orginele echte levi's 500 spijkerbroek aan.:D

Back
Naar boven