xZap

Novice
Lid geworden
29 aug 2015
Waardering
Lengte
1m73
Hello everybody,

I am going to spend the next few months in Amsterdam, doing an internship. Can you recommend good gyms? Because I am doing a stronglift routine, I definitively need the following equipment:

1. Squat Racks oder Power Racks (more than one preferred)
2. Bench Press Stations
3. Free Barbells for Deadlifts/Power Cleans

No need for machines. Therefore I am open for every gym which has the necessary equipment, but would prefer hardcore gyms or weight rooms. I am still a beginner, but I feel more motivated (and I learn more) if I train in an environment, where the "hardcore people" train.

I am happy about every tip!

Best,
xZap

Laatst bewerkt:
David Lloyd sucks donkey balls :roflol: that's like 125 euros a month membership fee for the vibe of a 5 star hotel. Been there once just to check out their equipment and had to wait in the 'lounge' for someone to guide me through the gym. No one was available (I probably didn't look high profile enough for their club) so they asked me to schedule an appointment. I was sitting right next to the exercise area.

You could visit Vondelgym. They only have free weight (dumbbells up to 60 kg) and powercages. However, they have a membership stop at the moment, so you can only do single session a 15,- each. Advantage: most beautiful woman from Amsterdam cam be found there. And myself ;)

---------- Toegevoegd om 22:15 ---------- De post hierboven werd geplaatst om 22:07 ----------

If you've got a car you could try 365gym, they've got the basics. Or USC, I think that's a university gym but they've got good equipment, also out of city centre.

Those are your best options. I think there are some in north, even the basic fit there has got dumbbell up to 50 kg, however, probably crowded like all the basic fit gyms.

usc is great option for snatches, cleans etc. They have a floor on which you are alowed to drop barbells

Back
Naar boven