Niet open voor verdere reacties.

Cato78

Novice
10 jaar lid
Lid geworden
20 feb 2009
Waardering
Hey everyone,

I was hoping some of you would be kind enough to help me with some general information on The Netherlands. My girlfriend recently became a dual Irish/US citizen. I myself am a US citizen. Her citizenship gives us the ability to live and work anywhere in the EU and we're very interested in The Netherlands. We've been researching it for quite some time now and find ourselves becoming more and more interested in living there for a time.

Our main issue at the moment is deciding upon a place to live. I've spoken to some people on an expat message board and many recommended moving somewhere in the Randstad, as it would be easier for an American to adjust. That may be true, but neither of us have ever lived in a proper, big city and we love nature, animals, etc. Amsterdam, while it seems beautiful and amazing, has the obvious housing drawback. We don't mind a smaller place, but would want it in good condition and would need it furnished. There's nothing in Amsterdam that meets that for under 1300euro a month. ( God bless those of you who are on that public housing list ;) ) Den Haag seems lovely also and there are more places available and at more reasonable prices. But, what about moving further east? It seems greener there and there is definitely more housing for much cheaper.

Now, we're both young ( 32 and 29 ) I own my own business and work at home, so commuting wouldn't be an issue. We would like to learn Dutch, but as of now speak none. We don't plan on buying a car there and would like to rely on buses, train, cycling, etc. I've also heard that it's common for everything in the smaller towns to shut down at 6, but I don't know if that's true or an exaggeration. Anyway, all of that being said, do you think an American would have a much tougher time in the east? Any thoughts on nice areas I can research online?

Any and all input would be really appreciated. I figured as a bodybuilder, other bodybuilders would understand the lifestyle I live and might be able to give better recommendations. :cool: hartelijk dank

Welcome! Don't forget that we have a species called marokanen in the Netherlands. They're very criminal and will rape your girlfriend. No shit! Please think about it

That reminds me of something else.... pics?

Laatst bewerkt:
Den Haag +1, **** the east :)

Hi just try living in the bijlmer its verry nice over there, lots of vriendelijke people over there you learn to houd van het verry snel.

Nou, de eerste indruk is alweer goed! Die gaat hier niet meer wonen. Allemachtig.:roflol:

Laatst bewerkt:
Hi just try living in the bijlmer its verry nice over there, lots of vriendelijke people over there you learn to houd van het verry snel.

:roflol:

come to Belgium, much better :D

Amsterdam is a good choice to live, red light district and coffeeshops are never far away.

---------- Toegevoegd om 21:48 ---------- De post hierboven werd geplaatst om 21:48 ----------

Welcome! Don't forget that we have a species called marokanen in the Netherlands. They're very criminal and will rape your girlfriend. No shit! Please think about it

Yes, I know you have a fair amount of Muslims, BUT we have TONS of blacks and hispanics here. Soon enough, they will outnumber the white people in this country. Don't get me wrong, I don't dislike any race, but I find I am more comfortable and have more in common with more " anglified " people.

This isn't really a good place to ask these questions, because this forum is filled with morons :p but maybe you'll get some good answers if someone's friendly enough to stay serious, although that's pretty rare around here. However, marocans ARE bad people so it might be better to live in the country and away from big cities.

Yeah, true. But it's soooo expensive unless you are on the public housing list. The average price for something decent is 1500euro, or $2,000USD. That's alooooot of money for a 60sq meter apartment. :D

I don't smoke weed much, but probably would more there. ( By more I mean maybe once a week ) I'd like to sit out and have a smoke and a coffee and just say " **** you USA! " Too many laws here man. Caught with some weed = jail. Caught with some steroids = jail. It's crazy.

Amsterdam is a good choice to live, red light district and coffeeshops are never far away.

---------- Toegevoegd om 21:48 ---------- De post hierboven werd geplaatst om 21:48 ----------

I'd recommend a place around Utrecht:thumbs:.

Edit; If you think USA got many laws, dun come to The Netherlands haha.

Laatst bewerkt:
Yes, I know you have a fair amount of Muslims, BUT we have TONS of blacks and hispanics here. Soon enough, they will outnumber the white people in this country. Don't get me wrong, I don't dislike any race, but I find I am more comfortable and have more in common with more " anglified " people.

Muslims are much worse than blacks in Europe. Maybe in the USA it's the opposite but you'll find out !

Just look at how dumb you are.

What's wrong with saying that? Again, I'm not a racist and don't dislike anyone based on that. But for me PERSONALLY, I find I have more in common with other white people. At least that is my experience here in the US.

Wow let's turn it into a racist thread.

I suggest you do not listen to Salieri, he is an ex drug addict and he masturbates to Hitler before he goes to sleep.:eek:

Laatst bewerkt:
I smel a little bit of racisme over hiero.

Wow let's turn it into a racist thread.

No, no. Not my intention at all. I understand BB boards are a alot of ****ing around, just hoping to get the occasional serious suggestion from someone. ;)

u guys just wanna smoke weed without taking it up the pooper by bubba in the county jail

bubba will not be happy

you totally discriminated bubba

which makes u a racist!!!!!!

move to belgium instead

WE NEED YOU!!!!!!!!!!!

dont wurry we have arnuldfan un the streets

Status
Niet open voor verdere reacties.
Back
Naar boven