Lid geworden
1 aug 2022
Waardering
Lengte
1m60
Massa
63kg
Hallo iedereen.
Mijn naam is Cyrus. Ik ben van Brussel. Ik spreek well Nederlands, maar ik kan me beter uitdrukken in het Engels.
So I wanted to introduce myself in English.

I started working out in 2005-2006.
At first I just wanted to look good and get strong. But over time I became more passionate and aware of my physical, mental and emotional health.
I learned that the discipline of working out and eating right can not only help me become halthier, but can also help me perform better in other aspects of life.

I'm talking about things like work, school, family, relationships, ... .

During my last year of university, I had a simple idea.
I thought it would be cool to be able to find food in restaurants based on the number of calories or protein that I wanted to consume. This way, I'll be able to always find the right meal that best suits me.

I thought, this way I can create a diverse diet program that changes based on my nutritional needs, workout, preferences and habits. Something that follows me around no matter where I go. Not a fixed diet plan that I got from online sources.

I am now in the process of making this idea into an app.
The app is not ready yet and has a lot of flaws. But I wanted to see if this is something that can be useful for people who pay attention to their health.

My hypothesis are the following:
The ability to find in restaurants based on macros:
* gives consumers more food choices,
* increase the success rate of those trying to achieve their diet goals,
* makes life easier,
* gives consumers the ability to have a personalised food experiences based on macros and TDEE.

What do you think? I love to hear your thoughts and feedback on this.
Is eating out while on a diet a real problem that you would like to solve?
Would you pay for such a solution?

This is my website www.ruddy.app
I hope I don't come across too spammy. I am looking to turn this into a business and spend my life on it and would really appreciate your feedback.
tnx ✌🏽

How many people are willing to pay for an app in general? Not many.

How many people are willing to pay for an app in general? Not many.
Indeed.
Of course people only pay for things that solve a real issue for them.
Most of the time we just download apps, because it's just nice to have, but we can live without.

That's what I am trying to figure out. How big of a problem is this?
If the problem is big enough than maybe there is a market for it.

I think people who really want to solve the problem you are thinking of are capable of doing that without an app.

I think people who really want to solve the problem you are thinking of are capable of doing that without an app.
I see.
Do you have a method yourself?

Is there something specific regarding the restaurant of menu that you pay attention to when you eat out?

I don’t, but if you track you daily intake it is not that difficult to make an educated guess.

Waarderingen: Pren
I don’t, but if you track you daily intake it is not that difficult to make an educated guess.
That's actually how I do it myself.
After tracking your macros for while, you get a feel for it. I guess by looking at the ingredients, the portion size and how it was cooked. Then I guess it's not a necessary thing in your life. I've had some positive feedback from people who are just starting this process and don't have a lot of info about this.

Seeing your profile, I think you have a lot of experience in this.
Are there any apps or other forms of techs that you use or wish existed because it would solve a pain point in your life?

I think if you have the basis of your food tracked a once in a while dinner outside in a restaurant doesn't heavily impact your total diet. You can make an educated guess of the macro's and make it fit into your diet.
Just make some simple adjustments over the day.
For beginners it may be somewhat difficult to make the guess, but there are lots of tools to help you predict the macros.
Google on english food sites and there are complete menu's/dinners/lunches etc with macros attached. Off course none will completely fit to what you eat, but for no pro goals they can be used perfectly.

If you are in for competitions you have the backbone and perseverance to stick to your own diet and Cook your own meals based on your macros.

This ^

Anyone who is dedicated enough to be interested in counting his macro's when he's having dinner in a restaurant, already has enough experience to make a relatively accurate guess on the calories and the macro's on his plate.

Thanks everyone. I appreciate the feedback.

Hey,

I would never ever pay for such an app. Because the problem is as above stated easily solved. There will be people stupid enough to buy still.

But if you want to earn good money. A simple solution to an existing problem that makes life easier is the way to go.

Honestly i doubt if this will hit the market well. If its already your life's work i hope you can prove me wrong.

Welcome

Back
Naar boven