Big-T

Administrator
Admin
Founder - R.I.P.
15 jaar lid
Lid geworden
7 okt 2002
Waardering
In this month's edition of DBB's IvdM we managed to arrange an interview with 8 time Mr. Olympia Ronnie Coleman. We'll be asking Ronnie about his personal achievements, the sport of bodybuilding, and his recently introduced supplement line 'Ronnie Coleman Signature Series'.

Just a reminder to anyone new to bodybuilding: Ronnie Coleman holds the world record for the most wins as an IFBB professional, and he kept the Mr. Olympia title 8 times in a row. His status as the king of bodybuilding has kept him busy even when he stepped out of competition in 2007. But we'll let the man himself talk about that some more…

[fotol]http://dutchbodybuilding.com/img/ivdm/RColeman.jpg[/fotol]Welcome to DBB's Interview of the Month Ronnie. We're excited to ask you some questions about yourself and the sport of bodybuilding.

[DBB] Can you tell us how and why you got into bodybuilding, and when you first realized you had a chance to become the next Mr. Olympia?

[RC] Well I originally started lifting weights for football in high school. Most of the exercises were basic powerlifting moves that the coaches taught us. That routine continued through college.

Several years later I moved to Texas and was looking for a gym. I ran into Brian Dobson who owns MetroFlex and he was certain that I would make a good bodybuilder so he offered me a free membership if I competed. The rest is history. I always wanted to be Mr. Olympia but it didn’t become a reality until my name was called. Biggest surprise of my life!

[DBB] It must have been a very exciting time when you first stepped on stage, and later on when you competed for the Olympia title the first time. Can you tell us how you coped with that and what kind of experience it was for you personally?

[RC] Stepping on stage is very exciting; at any stage of your career. It's something all athletes should be proud of because it certainly isn’t easy. My first Mr. Olympia was overwhelming but in a good way. I remember seeing these celebrities/bodybuilders in person and thinking I can't wait to look like that. I wasn’t even a semi-threat back then! It was just a real cool experience to get on stage with those guys. I just had fun. I couldn’t wait to do it again.

[DBB] Everyone goes through some ups and downs in life. What were the things that kept you motivated during all the years of competitive bodybuilding?

[RC] God and my fans. I truly feel/felt like this was my calling. I was blessed with a wonderful life and I have nothing to complain about. I was the best at something I loved to do. How do you beat that? My work was my hobby and I happened to be the best at my hobby. That’s all the motivation I needed!

[DBB] Who were your heroes as a kid and later as a young bodybuilder? How did these individual(s) influence you?

[RC] Growing up my mom was my hero. She still is. As a bodybuilder I always looked up to Lee Haney. The respect, the way he trained, his humility and appreciation for the sport.

[DBB] You've claimed victory 8 times as Mr. Olympia, an outstanding record you share only with mr. Lee Haney. How important was it for you personally to reach to that level, and to even go for the 9th victory to have that record under your belt? Do you regret it, and could you have done anything different in order to defeat the winner of '06 & '07, Jay Cutler?

[RC] I've been blessed to win 8 titles. To be honest I wanted to win a 9th but it doesn’t haunt me. At that point I had achieved so much I don’t feel as if the 9th will define me. I thought 2006 was pretty close but what are you going to do.

[fotor]http://dutchbodybuilding.com/img/ivdm/RColeman2.jpg[/fotor] [DBB] Professional bodybuilding has obviously changed your life for the better, but what are the downsides of being a pro bodybuilder for so many years? Can you think of things in life you have missed out on that you would otherwise have enjoyed (more) with a regular day job?

[RC] I wouldn’t change a thing. I love competing, traveling, taking photos and so on. As I said before this was my hobby. Hobbies are fun. I would have missed out if I wasn’t a bodybuilder.

[DBB] What do you think will be the future of bodybuilding? Is it even more mass & muscle definition, possibly at the expense of balance and beauty? Do you think the IFBB should steer the evolution of the sport, if so, how?

[RC] I think the sport needs to evolve naturally. I think we had more competitors competing close to 300lbs then there are now (during my time). I'm not sure frames can support more weight than that. Judges will honor the physiques they want to see and it's up to the competitors to bring that to the stage.

[DBB] If you'd have to name one important thing you've learned in all your years of bodybuilding, what would it be?

[RC] Enjoy every minute of it. Appreciate your fans and give back.

[DBB] Can you tell us about some of the things you have been doing since you stepped out of competition in 2007? And how has it influenced your life?

[RC] I've been traveling a lot! Almost every week. I also started my own supplement line 'Ronnie Coleman Signature Series'. That pretty much takes up all my time now. I'm involved in every aspect so I'm super busy.

[DBB] I know you've been asked this a few times before, but we just have to ask it: are you any closer to deciding whether there will be a comeback, and when? And do you still feel it's important to achieve some kind of victory or record in bodybuilding?

[RC] The only reason why I will compete again is for myself. I’ve had several injuries over the last few years and I finally feel like I might be able to make a comeback. I'm not worried about the record I just want to have fun again.

[DBB] Please tell us some more about your supplement line; what distinguishes it from other brands? Are there plans for new products to make it stand out from the competition and benefit athletes even more?

[fotor]http://dutchbodybuilding.com/img/ivdm/RColemanSIGNATURE_SERIES.jpg[/fotor] [RC] Let me be 100% sincere with you. When I first started this company I had a lot of people tell me to throw basic formulas in a bottle because anything with my name on it would sell. But that’s not how I have lived my life and I'm too old to change my ways now. Needless to say I ignored that poor advice and did exactly what I think people will appreciate and thats supplements that are unique with ingredients that work. Supplements my fans will appreciate. They aren’t cheap but they work and in the end consumers need to start looking at the value of things they are putting in their body. In my opinion the supplement industry needs a hero and I'm up for the challenge.

As far as innovation is concerned we are about to launch the worlds first extended release testosterone and nitric oxide booster in a concentrated powder. We have a unique flavor system that allows us to create powder formulas that other company would have to make into a capsule. I'm excited about this product because I feel like I'm making something unique that people want. I also have a competitor’s protein in the works. It's a functional protein that consists of pure isolate and additional amino acids.

[DBB] One last question: what do you want to say to young potential talent in the Netherlands and Belgium? What advice or message do you have for them if they want to reach the top?

[RC] Be consistent; especially if you are young. It takes time to build muscle and I truly believe the longest distance between two points is the short cut! Don’t listen to others and compete with yourself. Every time you step on stage you need to be better than the last you (on stage). That in itself is a victory.

[DBB] Thanks for your time Ronnie, and good luck with your future pursuits.

Exclusieve Ronnie Coleman - DBB posters!

[Link niet meer beschikbaar]

Ronnie Coleman Signature Series Supplementen (Vraag ernaar bij de forum-sponsors.)

[Link niet meer beschikbaar] [Link niet meer beschikbaar]

Holy. :D Haha damn, primeur is een understatement.

mooi interview!

Ziet er goed uit, straks even rustig lezen!

Heb het trouwens met opzet allemaal in het Engels gelaten, al wilde ik eerst alles vertalen. Misschien doe ik dat later nog, maar vond het leuker om het in het Engels te publiceren. :)

I’ve had several injuries over the last few years and I finally feel like I might be able to make a comeback. Im not worry about the record I just want to have fun again.
Yeah buddy!

Heel gaaf dit! :thumbs:

Kewl , zijn supps zijn wel pricey

Ziet er goed uit!

Super!:D tof interview en nog een dikke prof voor Big-T voor het regelen van het interview:D

in on 1st page

Iemand die relatief dicht bij zichzelf is gebleven en zich niet snel gek laat maken.
HERO!

Hard hoor. Straks rustig helemaal doorlezen, nu trainen!

Heel vet dat dit gelukt is, mijn complimenten hoor!

echt goed man, ronnie coleman op dbb wie zou dat ooit zegge:P

Nice, maar wat heeft hij op zn hoofd op de 2de poster?

Back
Naar boven