Bezoekers in dit topic

weidenkind

Novice
10 jaar lid
Lid geworden
9 aug 2009
Waardering
Hello fellow dutch gym fiends,

I hope that its alright to post this here and in English, if not just move it to the correct section, but I found no International section in the forum.

Having recently moved to Amsterdam, I am now looking for a good gym suitable for weightlifting and bodybuilding. The only ones I found so far were mere health clubs with saunas and sunbeds which I dont need.

I live in the south-west (tram line 2, westlandgracht). Is there anything good in my neighbourhood?

Also, I read about a studio called "fit for free" in the Centrum, it seems quite cheap, any thoughts on that? I cant afford to pay >40 Euro a month.

Thanks in Advance,
Nik

Ultimate fitness Amsterdam at the molukkenstraat 200 for 37,50 a month.:)

fit for free is wel okey, heb ik gehoord, zelf geen ervaring mee

F4F is a real Hardcore Gym, i don't think that's the gym you are looking for.

:)

thanks for all your help!

Ultime fitness looks great but the traveltime is like 45 minutes so no-go unfortunately.

palestra I'll have to check out but the prize is still 50 euro, thats alot.

I was used to paying 17 euro at home, for a gym with no classes, sauna, trainers etc.

I think also check out f4f just to see what your hate is all about :D

Hey there! What about Garden Gym? It's located in the Jodenbreestraat 158.
I don't exactly know whether it's good or not but you could always have a look around; Maybe there's a website as well which might contain some information.
Anyway, best of wishes finding a gym.

Hey there! What about Garden Gym? It's located in the Jodenbreestraat 158.
I don't exactly know whether it's good or not but you could always have a look around; Maybe there's a website as well which might contain some information.
Anyway, best of wishes finding a gym.

thanks for the recommendation, but it is located too far in the east

if somebody knows another good gym in the west, go ahead!

so i checked out most gyms mentioned here and palestra is really great, but too expensive - ill join fit for free.

while it is very crowded, it has everything i need - benches, a rack, barbells, dumbbells up to 50 kg, and for less than half the price of all other gyms i checked.

thanks again for the advice people. keep pumping.

You could try Your Health just in case you haven't signed up yet. They have 2 gyms in amsterdam;

Your Health Amsterdam west
Jan van Galenstraat 41

Your Health Amsterdam Osdorp
Pieter Calandlaan 1201

you can also apply for a trial lesson.

If you choose to join the gym, then you will have to pay 16,95 euro or something

palestra is a hardcore gym

Train 3 maanden all-in
voor de prijs van 2 maanden

€ 115 -> 3 months.

Back
Naar boven