AndroidHealthClinic

Melanotan

Bezoekers in dit topic

WARNING: Melanotan may cause damage to the eye!
07/08/07 at 13:29:29 My name is Robert, I'm 23 and I had been using melanotan II for over 1 year with great results. However, recently I got vision problems (with gradual onset) and thus went to see an ophthalmologist. I was diagnostized with a severe form of central serous retinopathy (CSR). Although CSR rarely leads to blindness, usually some vision impairment remains. There is no effective treatment for this condition.
She also found a rather big nevus (mole) on the choroid in my left eye which hasn't been there before (have had an eye exam in the past). This cannot be removed and have to be monitored for the rest of my life because it may lead to cancer at some point. She had no idea regarding the cause. Apart from being a bit myopic, my eyes were perfectly healthy before. I didn't tell her about Melanotan by the way.

Afterwards I did some research and found out that Central serous retinopathy is linked to therapeutic use of adrenocorticotrophic hormone (ACTH):

"ACTH has a melanotrophic part, melanocyte-stimulating hormone (MSH), that may affect RPE cells, which are melanin-pigmented cells of neuroectoderm origin, and alter their ionic pumping properties. This is supported by evidence in the literature for the effect of MSH on animal RPE cells, as well as on other secreting epithelia."

Melanotan and melanotan II are are both analogs of (alpha) MSH and thus sharing the same effects. Therefore it can be assumed that my condition is connected to the prolonged intake of melanotan II.

I then checked back with my doctor and was advised to stop taking Melanotan immediately.

I also made an appointment with the director of the dermatology department on our university (I'm a medical student myself) to get an expert opinion on Melanotan. He had heard of Melanotan before, but he would strongly discourage anyone from taking it especially for merely cosmetic purposes.
Though it may be beneficial to some people with certain skin diseases, it certainly bears great risks. He also didn't seem to be surprised about my case at all. Because the choroid (the underlying layer of the eye's retina) contains melanocytes, it will also be necessarily affected by Melanotan which in turn may effect the function of the retina. He also warned me about hormone and skin changes, which are probably not fully reversible even after being off of Melanotan for a very long time. There is a study that says MSH (again, Melanotan is just a synthetic copy of MSH) not only stimulates the melanocytes to produce melanin, but also cause proliferation of melanocytes:

"alpha-Melanocyte stimulating hormone (alpha-MSH) and ACTH increase the proliferation and melanogenesis of cultured human melanocytes."

This is quite contrary to an older study from 1986 which is cited on Clinuvel's website. Personally, I would not put much trust in studies published by Clinuvel. They are not obligated to release informations about dangers connected to Melanotan at this point. And I doubt they will voluntary discredit their only product.

Being a type I myself nobody can understand you better than I but there certainly are things in life that are more important than having a tanned skin. Don't put them at risk.

Actually, I curse the day when I first heard of Melanotan.

Damn, dat klinkt niet goed. Toch is dit het enige verhaal wat ik erover heb gelezen dat negatief is...

op die site staat het vol van deze verhalen

shit werkt giga goed! ik was blank, maar wordt nu vaak aangezien als een blanke neger haha

Cool nog iemand die het gebruikt (heeft)

heb het gebruikt maar het is wel zo dat je ook naar zonnebank moet gaan dan heb je beste effect heb geen nadelen gehad van de middel

ik zit er ook aan te denken om het dit jaar te pakken.
ik denk dat ik het maar even goed in de gaten houd

heb het een tijdje gebruikt ..en nu na een lange periode het niet meer gebruikt te hebben heb ik nog steeds een donkere tint wat ik daarvoor nooit had...je kan echt in notime neger worden met dat spul..

Bullshit van dat oog. Het blijkt iemand te zijn die rechtstreeks in de zon zou hebben gekeken. En diagnose is NIET dat het van MII komt.

en waar haal je die info vandaan yzord?

ik vind de tekst over die negatieve effecten niet geloofwaardig.
het is zo'n beetje als het lezen van een zogezegde gewone BB die vol lof schrijft over een nieuw supplement. Dan merk je ook onmiddellijk dat het wellicht geschreven is door de verkoper van het product. Ik weet niet goed wat dan de bedoeling is van diegene die negatief over melanotan schrijft maar ik krijg sterk de indruk dat het maar bullshit is.

zit wel giga veel verschil in de werking van die shit.
sommige merk je nada nopes van en van anderen heb je 2,5mg nodig om hetzelfde resultaat te hebben als met 1mg dus................................. dosering in de vials klopt voor geen drol.
nadeel is dat ERG veel mensen er flinke buikpijn van krijgen.
Klaasje zal de buikpijn van pgf wel kennen, nu de buikpijn van melanotan vind ik nog beroerder.
maar je mot wat he om mooi te worden

hmmm misschien volgend jaar tegen de zomer ook eens gaan doen ......vraagje sproeten worden die ook erger??

Tis ook een omgekeerde wereld ook he.
Veel negers gebruiken speciale cremes om hun huid te bleken.
En veel blanken gebruiken pilletjes om op een neger te lijken:D

er zijn mensen die roken en 100jaar worden...andere krijgen longkanker en gaan op hun 40ste dood enz.

dus als je het meer kan onderbouwen zou dat fijn zijn.

ben ik dan de enige die deze Engelstalige tekst in twijfel trek?

Back
Naar boven