XXL Nutrition

MMA Fighter: Meisje 9 Jaar (1 bezoeker)

Bezoekers in dit topic

Het respect voor elkaar is er bij ons op de club zeker ook!
En in de ring is dit volgens mij niet anders, smerige vechters heb je ik elke vechtsport.

Als mijn kind later een vechtsport wil doen mag het kiezen wat hij of zij wil....
behalve aikido :p hahahaah grapjeuuhh

Hey guys,

I hope your english is better than my dutch! I noticed a lot of hits on my daughters youtube video from this site and would love to hear what you think about it. She's only been training for 9 mo's and loves the sport. If you post any questions in english i'll be happy to answer them for you.

Cheers..

Hey guys,

I hope your english is better than my dutch! I noticed a lot of hits on my daughters youtube video from this site and would love to hear what you think about it. She's only been training for 9 mo's and loves the sport. If you post any questions in english i'll be happy to answer them for you.

Cheers..

its probably marc W who keeps clicking on this vid :D

Hey guys,

Cheers..

Just 9 mo's!

Amazing :D

das geen sport voor kleine kindertjes die weten niet eens wat de gevolgen kunnen zijn

super om te zien, maar erg onverstandig die kinderne hebben dadelijk al hersenschade voordat ze op een opleiding zitten

Just 9 mo's!

Amazing :D

She has an outstanding coach and she trains very hard. Both of her brothers did Karate and Judo for a few years but she was never interested in that. When they started MMA training ( BJJ, Muay Thai, Wrestling ) she said "Dad, I want to do that!"

super om te zien, maar erg onverstandig die kinderne hebben dadelijk al hersenschade voordat ze op een opleiding zitten

ben je echt zo achterlijk dat je nog steeds niet ziet dat geen enkele slag naar het hoofd is?

Het intellectuele niveau van sommigen hier komt zeer goed met het stereotype van de bb'ers overeen...

She has an outstanding coach and she trains very hard. Both of her brothers did Karate and Judo for a few years but she was never interested in that. When they started MMA training ( BJJ, Muay Thai, Wrestling ) she said "Dad, I want to do that!"

Her stand-up looks great and she's very fast. I'd say she needs to work on her submissions, near the end of the fight her opponent was just sticking his arms out begging to get armbarred yet she didn't do anything with it.

Her stand-up looks great and she's very fast. I'd say she needs to work on her submissions, near the end of the fight her opponent was just sticking his arms out begging to get armbarred yet she didn't do anything with it.

Yeah we were all yelling for her to take the armbar. She is actually much better at submission grappling than striking but once she starts striking she forgets about the subs.

Here is another match at the same event where she shows some decent ground skills against a national judo and submission grappling champ. There was some controversy in this match because of the boys reaction to some of the strikes. She did catch him slightly with a high front kick but I can't see any illegal target areas hit in the other two stoppages. Win some lose some..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPcSFoAXLuk

-Cheers

Dit kan niet voor kleine kinderen?

What about football?

Dit kan niet voor kleine kinderen?

What about football?

If you mean soccer she plays that at recess at school sometimes but she's never played in a league. If you mean american footbal, no she's never done that, she hasn't played any other sports. Her favorite thing to do at home is read or play with her dolls, seriously.

hoewel ik een MMA-fan ben, en ik de indruk krijgt dat er op de gond niet naar het gezicht geslagen mag worden, vind ik het geen sport voor zulke kleine kinderen.

same here!!!

Ondanks ik sporten een goede activiteit is om het ontwikkeling van een kind te bevorderen met o.a. omgang met verlies en andere emotionele aspecten, vind ik Mix martial arts ook niet de juiste sport.
Judo of bbj is toch ook een leuke basis, de handen komen er later wel weer bij :D

dergelijke contactsporten op deze leeftijd vind ik fout shotkan karate of judo vind ik dan wel weer een goed alternatief

It is interesting that you mention Shotokan and Judo as alternatives. My 11yr old boy did Shotokan 3-4 days a week for almost 5yrs and Judo 3 days a week during the same 5yr period at the same club. My youngest boy was a couple of years behind him and did Shotokan and Judo for 3 & 2yrs respectively. My oldest boy was invited to test for his Black Belt in Shotokan but just got bored with all the Katas and repetitive linear punching/kicking so we found an MMA gym which he was excited about.

My daughter had no interest in Shotokan or Judo but got very excited about the MMA training. She begged me to train for several weeks before I let her, I thought it would be too tough for her and she'd quit. The opposite happened, she would train 7 days a week if I let her. My point here is you can't choose what your kids will find interesting or motivating, you can just choose to encourage their interests or discourage them. Since I think this is a safe and healthy sport for her I decided to support her.

It is also important to note that the event in the video is something my kids might compete in only 2 or 3 times in a year. They compete in submission grappling and BJJ events about once a month. In contrast they train 5 days a week, enjoy it and are in outstanding physical condition for kids their age. My 11yr old can do 60 consecutive jump rope doubles after 20mins of continuous jump rope, which is something not many kids his age can do.

The combination of striking and grappling seems to get people excited but actually the pure wrestling and submission grappling has the most risk - by far. Kids this age are simply not strong enough to really injure each other with the strikes that are allowed in the event in the video clip.

Here in the US most of the kids are fat, lazy and spend way too much time watching TV and playing video games. I'm just really glad my kids have found something they like and are motivated to excell at.

-Cheers

Ergens geloof ik er geen zak van dat dat die vader is, dat terzijde...

Shotokan karate (ligt er maar net aan welke school) is ook redelijk full-contact... Dus echt een alternatief is het niet!
Mijn kinderen kick ik later vanaf de dag dat ze hun speen de hoek in gooien de MMA ring in :D

Back
Naar boven