Dutch Bodybuilder
15 jaar lid
Lid geworden
1 dec 2004
Waardering
Dear friends

Have never ending test flu.
Here is my full situation:

-Been blasting and cruising the past 9 years.
-last 3 years just TRT, cruising on 1x300mg enanth every 10 days.. quality is not in question (!)
-Last 10 weeks (approx.) I have had severe test-flu... Every week it's getting worse... after every shot I have 3 to 5 days of flu-like symptoms AND worse ->
** flu feeling (no sweating though!)
**deep lethargy
**very tiny pain spurts in my lymph node (neck area)
**dragging myself through the day...
**decreased cognition/mental clarity/consciousness

-> however... the rest of the week I feel FANTASTIC though... I do always recover !!

-Last week it escalated: 2 days post injection I was crippled.. I had to sleep all day... granted I upped the cardio and lifting so more stress on the body... but still........ Now, 7 days after the fact I am still (!) recovering from that one shot... cognition -30%, lower recovery from gym.. lazy, tired... flu-feeling is gone though after 4th day...

Some important details:

-My heart and general condition are near PERFECT and improved dramatically the past year...
-My last bloods from 1 year back (general markers all good, test levels where fine, adrenals where not tested though)
-I'm on a ketogenic diet for the past 18 weeks, best thing that ever happened to me, never felt more focused, stable, energetic and productive in my life.. My micro's and macro's are maxed out most of the time....
-40% of the time I do keto PLUS intermittent fasting (I'm cutting)
-I've had toxoplasmosis 3 years back (got it from my cat) = attack on the immune system via the lymphatic system... Took 3 months to recover from.. but that is years ago.....
-Have a high stress job (family business, deskjob + outside sales...)
-I sleep 6 to 7 h per day in the week, +9 in the weekends
-nobody has any issues with the same gear I am using, 3 of my good friend are also pinning test e from the same batch/UG
-I'm already blasting/cruising +9 years, did some crazy cycles back in the day... but now 3 years of TRT...
-Always rotating with injection spots, going deep enough with pinning and using alcohol/wipes...

What can this mean? Suggestions:
-Adrenal fatigue from stress that has built over time, causing my CNS/Lympatic system/Immunity system to 'over'respond? (they are all connected systems in the body)
-allergy from oils? the test enanth is MCT oil based... I tried other test enanth: grapeseed oil based, to see if I would have a better response, but I had the same symptoms... even a bit worse...

Solutions?:
-Adding 3ml of filtered MCT oil to my 1ml of test enant might help lessen the stress response from the body?
-I tried an anti histamine, that helps a tiny bit... but when it wears of the symptoms re-appear and are same
-Paracetamol: same story...

PS: doing a battery of bloodtests (+30) and urine tests (+20) next week via a health clinic... but only getting the results in 5 weeks...

I can not go on like this...

I'm getting pretty desperate so hope you guys can help with (temporary) solutions for this! I am 100% sure that I am overlooking something and that there is a solution!
Stopping TRT is not an option.

THANKS !!

In your case I would stop all injections for a period of 3 months at least and see how your body recovers.

Stopping TRT is your only option at the moment. And 300MG every 10 days is NOT TRT but a supraphysiological dose, so stop fooling yourself that it is TRT.

Laatst bewerkt:
Try changing to sust or prop? I get test flu from enanthate only

What brand are you using? (If thats allowed)

Laatst bewerkt:
In your case I would stop all injections for a period of 3 months at least and see how your body recovers.

Stopping TRT is your only option at the moment. And 300MG every 10 days is NOT TRT but a supraphysiological dose, so stop fooling yourself that it is TRT.

Thanks for your response Punjab.
I'm not trying to fool anyone: technically you are correct, I could have chosen different terms. I feel my best mentally on 300mg per 10 days...

What is your advice for bridging that three months? Just go cold turkey or should I get test gel from the HRT clinic, or what would you suggest?

Try changing to sust or prop? I get test flu from enanthate only

What brand are you using? (If thats allowed)

Thx for your comment.
See my original post: "I tried other test enanth: grapeseed oil based, to see if I would have a better response, but I had the same symptoms... even a bit worse..."

Will try prop, might help... who knows : )

Thanks for your response Punjab.
I'm not trying to fool anyone: technically you are correct, I could have chosen different terms. I feel my best mentally on 300mg per 10 days...

What is your advice for bridging that three months? Just go cold turkey or should I get test gel from the HRT clinic, or what would you suggest?
Volgens mij bedoeld hij helemaal off gaan.

Can you be more specific in regard to the flu-like symptoms? You mean just fever?

Do you have pain at the injection site and does that pain coincide with the severeness of your symptoms?

Adrenal fatigue does not exist.

Can you be more specific in regard to the flu-like symptoms? You mean just fever?

Do you have pain at the injection site and does that pain coincide with the severeness of your symptoms?

Adrenal fatigue does not exist.

Hi Galen,

flu like symptoms is maybe not that exact/specific... it's hard to describe but here we go: headache (very bearable and goes away max. two days after inject), lethargic/tired, dragging myself all over the place, a feeling that gravity is 50% heavier... legs feel heavy... almost like I overtrained them (without training them that week)... in fact I have a feeling of over-training all over my body, without my muscles being sore... so hard to explain... generally the same feeling as the flu but without fever, without sweating at night...
It's like I feel my entire CNS working... so hard to put in to words.
Feeling weak in general & cognition is much less, also much less creativity and 'drive' at work...

and once again: I don't train that extreme, look at all my micro's, drink enough electrolytes, take magnesium etc etc

I have ZERO injection pain, ZERO swelling at the injection spot...

"Adrenal fatigue does not exist"... wow.. can you elaborate? The HRT clinic's physician that ordered me to do a ton of blood/urine tests... his first thought was... adrenal fatigue.. that is what he literally said... due to long term stress from the past couple of years of blasting gear + high stress levels in private life which catched up to me, as stress knocks at your door months or even years after the facts and he said that CNS/adrenal glands/pituitary gland etc are all connected when you have these symptoms... (his words, I'm paraphrasing)

It would be great if you could share some of your experience... I very well know that a doc. knows his books, but practicality is generally lacking....
thank you.

Clear, I have no idea what's causing your symptoms unfortunately.

As for the adrenal fatigue, sure, it's a quack diagnosis. I'd stay far away from the clinic you've visited if he brings in a quack diagnosis like that. A ton of blood/urine tests is another clear sign of a quack doctor...

er bestaat wel zoiets als bijnier uitputting. Addison disease, cushing syndrome. Heb het zelf gehad.

Considering you have a high stress job you shouls get your cortisol levels checked

er bestaat wel zoiets als bijnier uitputting. Addison disease, cushing syndrome. Heb het zelf gehad.
Syndroom van Cushing en de ziekte van Addison zijn daadwerkelijke diagnosen, bijnieruitputting niet. Ik vind het trouwens heel bijzonder dat jij beide hebt gehad; ziekte van Addison heb je een tekort aan cortisol (en aldosteron) en is vrij zeldzaam en syndroom van Cushing kenmerkt zich juist door een teveel aan cortisol en is eveneens vrij zeldzaam.

Bijnieruitputting is een kwakzalfdiagnose.

Edit: je zegt trouwens dat je het hebt gehad. Hoe is jouw ziekte van Addison precies genezen? :rolleyes:

Considering you have a high stress job you shouls get your cortisol levels checked
Both too high and too low cortisol are characterized by vastly different symptoms than those described by TS. You should know given you (claim to) have had both Addisons disease and Cushings syndrome...

For those ending up here googling adrenal fatigue:
An article discussing it in layman terms can be found here: https://sciencebasedmedicine.org/adrenal-fatigue-a-fake-disease/
A brief article by the Endocrine Society can be found here: https://www.hormone.org/diseases-and-conditions/adrenal/adrenal-fatigue
A 2016 systematic review on it can be found here: https://bmcendocrdisord.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/s12902-016-0128-4

Laatst bewerkt:
Cushing heb ik gehad vanwege corticosteroidengebruik, niet addison. Beetje onduidelijk neergezet idd :p

De symptomen kunnen wel een gevolg zijn van cushing. Ik had tijdens cushing ook veel vaker griepachtige verschijnselen. Overigens niet van injecties. Maar cushing onderdrukt je afweer systeem enorm.

Ik dacht dat bijnieruitputting iets met addison te maken had, blijkbaar niet? ???

Laatst bewerkt:
Why not try doing injections more regulary instead of one dose of 300mg every 10 days. Do 150mg every 5 days for example. Isn't the problem just the huge spike you get from test after injecting every 10 days (which is not optimal to say the least). I know I would feel like shit injecting every 10 days...

Why not try doing injections more regulary instead of one dose of 300mg every 10 days. Do 150mg every 5 days for example. Isn't the problem just the huge spike you get from test after injecting every 10 days (which is not optimal to say the least). I know I would feel like shit injecting every 10 days...

Yes you are right! that's what I'm going to do from now on... also thinning it out with some filtered MCT oil, hope that helps...

Back
Naar boven