Vitamines

Bezoekers in dit topic

RobbieH

Advanced Bodybuilder
15 jaar lid
Lid geworden
5 nov 2002
Waardering
Ik heb net de searchfunctie gebruikt omdat ik op zoek was naar info over vitamine B maar vond alleen info over B12 en vitamine C.
Welke vitamines zijn nou belangrijk en wanneer en hoe kan je die het beste pakken??
Ik slik nu 2 a 3 X c1000 ( bij het eten en voor het sporten ) en 1 x multi en die pak ik tijdens de maaltijd na het trainen.
Ik heb nu becoforte van dagravit gekocht voor extra vitamine B.
Krijg ik nu voldoende vitamines binnen of moet ik iets aanpassen??

Waarom richt je je specifiek op B? Speciale reden daarvoor?
Als je dieet goed is, heb je in principe aan een vitaminepak al meer dan genoeg.

Gewoon een compleet pakket zoals BOS al zegt. Verder is vitC wel verstandig. Zelf neem ik nog niacine (B3) voor de training...

Ja ik vind een vitamine pak makkelijker als voor elke vitamine gaan berekenen hoeveel ik nodig heb. Luiheid van mijn kant ;)

Niacine had ik ook, krijg het een 1/2 uur na inname warm van en speldeprikken gevoel over mijn lichaam en dan loop ik ook nog rood aan. Mensen vroegen me of ik naar het strand ben geweest en was verbrand!! :sad:

Waarom en hoeveel niacine neem je?
Ik nam het voor een betere pomp, maar mijn oren pompten meer bloed als mijn spieren!! :mad:

Laatst bewerkt:
Neem een multi en 2 gr. vit. c + extra e + selenium + zink..

Originally posted by bestoldschool
Ja ik vind een vitamine pak makkelijker als voor elke vitamine gaan berekenen hoeveel ik nodig heb. Luiheid van mijn kant ;)

Niacine had ik ook, krijg het een 1/2 uur na inname warm van en speldeprikken gevoel over mijn lichaam en dan loop ik ook nog rood aan. Mensen vroegen me of ik naar het strand ben geweest en was verbrand!! :sad:

Waarom en hoeveel niacine neem je?
Ik nam het voor een betere pomp, maar mijn oren pompten meer bloed als mijn spieren!! :mad:

Oa om die reden dus... de pomp... en de energiehuishouding, maar dat laatste is meer iets wat ik uitprobeer momenteel.

begin dan ook bij 200mg.

Een vriend van me heb ik ook eens een paar niacinetabletjes gegeven. 1.97 met 93kg. Ik dacht wel dat hij wel 300mg kon hebben. Niet dus. Hij kwam er net zo bij te lopen als dat jij net beschrijft :D

Gewoon 200mg. Je gaat er wel aan wennen en dan kan je het opbouwen. Nou moet ik zeggen dat ik nou niet echt veel merk van de niacine behalve dat ik het erg warm krijg en rood aanloop als ik teveel neem.

Dat heb ik nou ook!! Niet echt een pomp effect zoals anderen het beleven.

1100mg?? Loop je niet aan als een tomaat??
Merk je wat van die extra pomp?

As we all know, niacin is one of the B vitamins (B3).
Other names used are nicotinic acid and nicotinamide (niacinamide).

You probably noticed that I would include niacin in my workout drink.

Reasons:

1. It causes vasodilatation/ more blood delivered to target training area

2. It is GTF (glucose tolerance factor) component and it is insulin potentiator

3. It supplies energy and maintains function of every single cell in the body

4. Aids steroid hormone synthesis

In addition, personally I have to use it to reduce a risk of the heart attack (myocardial infarction) and to lower amount of bad (LDL) cholesterol.

Now, important thing is to recognize that protein rich foods (meat, fish, dairy products, soybeans etc) contain amino acid TRYPTOPHAN and our body converts tryptophan into niacin. So whoever (I hope all of us) eats enough protein would probably triple (or more) recommended RDA for niacin (not that we care about RDA, but still worth mentioning).

Excess niacin can damage our liver, and that is why I would like you to be careful.
If we train twice a day and have this drink during both workouts we would already be at 400mg/day.
Few of you asked me if I would recommend higher dosage.
I would definitely limit the intake to maximum 750mg/day, and preferably stop at 600mg/day.

I would only reemphasize AGAIN, that high protein diet already delivers considerable amount of niacin, most of us take multivitamin supplement and some of us even additional Bcomplex!

There is medical warning that 2000mg (2grams) of niacin/day could be toxic even thought most of us would be able to tolerate that amount.
Besides liver damage and hepatic fibrosis, high daily intake of niacin can cause glucose intolerance and glycosuria (sugar in the urine), and GI irritation.

Trust me 30 times RDA ( 20mg/day is what is recommended) is just enough.

MEDIA CONTACTS:
Max Martens or Angie Meyer
Porter Novelli, (310) 444-7000

FINALLY, A FLUSH FREE niacin WITHOUT CONCERNS FOR LIVER HEALTH
New Cardiovascular Health Supplement Averts Liver Concerns and Embarrassing Side Effect

SALT LAKE CITY, August 12, 2002; A sometimes unsightly and uncomfortable side effect of taking niacin, also known as vitamin B3, is the "niacin flush" - a warm, rash-like sensation that frequently appears on a person's face. But with the introduction of the Schiff's® Flush Free niacin formulation, this discomfort will be a thing of the past.

"When niacin supplements are consumed in doses above 50 milligrams, a flushing, or a redness and itchy feeling, may appear in the face and neck."says Luke Bucci, vice president of research for Schiff. To prevent these side effects, Schiff uses inositol hexanicotinate for a niacin source. This allows the enzymes in body tissues to release niacin slowly to avoid the undesirable flushing response.

The new Flush Free niacin supplement contains 500 milligrams of niacin per tablet, which makes it easier for consumers to ingest 2,000 milligrams per day by taking just four tablets. A recent scientific clinical trial published in the November 2001 issue of the New England Journal of Medicine suggests that this level of niacin promotes cardiovascular health.

However, consumers should check the labels of some time-release niacin products. Time-release products that contain niacin alone (vs. Schiff niacin, which has niacin bound to inositol) decrease the flushing response by releasing niacin over several hours in the gut - but may cause concerns about liver health. Regular time-release products send high levels of free niacin to the liver, which must be processed immediately. Schiff's Flush Free niacin sends bound niacin to the liver so the liver does not have to react to high levels of free niacin.

niacin is a water-soluble vitamin that promotes cardiovascular health and supports the body's ability to maintain cholesterol levels that are within the normal range. Food sources of niacin (mostly niacinamide) include dairy products, poultry, fish, lean meats, nuts, eggs and some enriched breads and cereals. Some dietary supplements contain niacinamide (another form of vitamin B3). However, niacinamide doesn't have the same effects as niacin itself.

Laatst bewerkt:
Originally posted by bestoldschool
1100mg?? Loop je niet aan als een tomaat??
Merk je wat van die extra pomp?

Nope, geen tomaat, en jawel, wel een verbeterde pomp. :thumb:

opgebouwd, robin ?

Back
Naar boven