MuscleMeat

WW2 (2 bezoekers)

Bezoekers in dit topic

Was er ook niet nog zo een andere bekende Nederlander die Hitler in de Bierkellers hoorde schreeuwen en blerren? :thinking: Zal wel lulverhaal geweest zijn ofzo

Was er ook niet nog zo een andere bekende Nederlander die Hitler in de Bierkellers hoorde schreeuwen en blerren? :thinking: Zal wel lulverhaal geweest zijn ofzo
Klopt, ja. Z'n naam was Freek de Jonge.

Man, man, man, insinueren dat Stalin joods was. Daarnaast ook nog eens fijntjes vermelden dat hij drie joodse vrouwen had.

1. Stalin was niet joods.
2. Hij is maar twee keer getrouwd.
3. Geen van beiden waren joods.
4. Stalin was een antisemiet. Alleen leek het pas na WWII Hitler-esque vormen aan te nemen. (wortelloze kosmopolieten campagne)

I'm out!

zyD4GMO.jpg

Dolfo en z'n Spaanse hond Schweinebauch (:roflol:). (vergiftigd in Frankrijk)

0PmAbNH.jpg

Gerhard Bremer en twee partijbonzen.

Uprising_bulletholes.jpg

Shrapnel holes are still visible on the walls of many buildings in Warsaw

Hah! :thinking:

Dan zijn ze blijkbaar een paar gebouwen vergeten in 1944.

aZ44DLU.jpg

gkfOCOW.jpg

Heb net The Pianist gekeken.

Mooie film. Je voelde je er gewoon in zitten in die tijd. (Warschau)

Dat Josef Blösche niet in die film zat. :thinking:

Tamara Litinskaya (1910-1937)

PcazjUg.jpg

David King is the author of The Commissar Vanishes: The Falsification of Photographs and Art in Stalin’s Russia (1997) and several other volumes on Russian topics. This photograph comes from his book Ordinary Citizens: The Victims of Stalin (2003).

Many of you will pause here because it is an image of a beautiful woman, others will linger because in her expression is a detectable, if unfathomable, emotion. It is the confusion of a betrayal disproportionate to one’s standing in life, the disbelief at the further indignity of bureaucratic formality, a premonition of death. This is inconsolable dread of a person left to contemplate her own imminent doom. Perhaps the people who prepared this file took particular pleasure in watching this young and innocent creature suffer, perhaps they did not care at all.

Under the photograph is a brief description:

“Born 1910 in Moscow. Non-party member. Student. Arrested 8 February 1937. Sentenced to death on 25 August 1937. The charge: unknown. Shot the same day. Mugshot taken from interrogation files of people arrested on falsified charges during Stalin’s reign.”

This scathing embarrassment for our species we’ve all felt before in those rare moments of introspection that we tried to stifle as quickly as possible. When we first realized that people cooked other people in ovens in sleepy towns. Or hacked them up with machetes in the wilderness. Or pumped them full of rounds in first-grade classrooms. Kurt Vonnegut wrote once in Slaughterhouse Five, "There is nothing intelligent to say about a massacre.“

Volgens sommige 'bronnen' geëxecuteerd in Loebjanka.

cgtqOgX.jpg

Ik zou in m'n broek schijten als ik zo'n maisveld in moest.

oESWdIY.jpg

Ellis: I believe you said yesterday that you saw civilians firing from the windows in Büllingen. Is that true?
– Yes
Ellis: How did you know they were civilians and not American soldiers?
– I have had some rich experience in this field and a sharpened eyesight.
Ellis: How close were you to these people that were firing in the windows?
– I was driving right past these houses underneath the window. I had to get my head down several times and I saw these people shoot. Also I saw and heard the bullets hit my vehicle.
Ellis: Did you see any eighty-year-old women firing at you from the windows in Büllingen?¹ (asked sarcastically)
– In those short moments, I had no occasion to determine the age of the persons firing.²
Ellis: Did you see any one-year-old baby firing at you from the windows in Büllingen?
– No, not even in Russia did I see any one-year-old babies firing. (replied acidly)

There was a quiet chortle in the court. Ellis straightened his posture in surprised embarrassment. The SS colonel's satiric response would make headlines the next day.

¹ He was trying to draw the court's attention to more than a hundred civilian men and women killed by Peiper and Knittel's command in the Ardennes.
² Ellis already looked like a fool.

toen ik daar overheen wandelde en al dat oorlogmaterieel bekeek bedacht ik me ineens of het gros van het publiek wel besefte wat een echte oorlog inhoud
The longer they were out there, the more hardened they were. They switched off. What choice was there? Your neighbour in the trench is hit by an anti-aircraft shell. Where your comrade used to be there's nothing. A flak shell or artillery bullet has entered him and exploded. You see the scraps fly. That's war. That's what war is like. That's the truth. —Erich Miethe (bevoorradingspiloot)

'Hardened' is mijns inziens niet de beste vertaling. In het Nederlands zouden we 'afgestompt' gebruiken.

Back
Naar boven