XXL Nutrition

Mr. Olympia 2017 Topic (1 bezoeker)

Bezoekers in dit topic

gweldig die flex lewis

Kai heeft een Olympia invite gekregen!

Interview met IFBB Pro League President, Jim Manion

PM: Jim here we arethree months away from the Mr. Olympia contest. What are your general thoughtson the line-up?

Well we have to start with the champ Phil Heath. I call himthe Tom Brady of the bodybuilding world because everybody hates a winner whokeeps winning. Phil’s going for his seventh title. But it’s in no way a shoo-inwith guys like Dexter Jackson, Shawn Rhoden and Big Ramy breathing down hisneck for starters. Back at my Pittsburgh show in May Big Ramy was in phenomenalshape at 348 pounds. Then you have William Bonac who was fifth at last year’sOlympia but on the post Olympia tour he beat the guys who finished 2ndthrough 4th at the Olympia. And you can’t discount Roelly Winklaaror Cedric McMillan, and then there’s Brandon Curry who’s showing greatimprovement. The line-up will be stronger than last year because the top sixguys from 2017 haven’t competed this year and that shows how serious they areabout getting prepped to knock Phil off. Getting into the top six will be adogfight. Nobody’s unbeatable, Phil is great but so are the guys chasing him.

We’ve seen recentpics of Kai Greene in great shape. Any noises there that he may enter the 2017Olympia?

Kai never seems to be out of shape but even his coach GeorgeFarah doesn’t know what contest Kai may do next. It would be a great thing tohave him back in the Olympia. He belongs on the Olympia stage.

Would he have rere-qualify for the Olympia?

Technically he would have to, but someone with Kai’s record– three Olympia runner-up spots, three Arnold Classic Columbus titles -- is an exception. The IFBB Pro League wants to make the contestas interesting as possible for the fans, so we would give him a special invite,like we gave Kevin Levrone last year. So if Kai is listening I will give him anOlympia invite so he doesn’t have to go through any qualifying process. AMICEO, David Pecker, is driven with a passion to continually elevate the prestigeand fan experience of the Olympia Weekend. He wants to keep enhancing the reachand brand of the Weekend. Back in 2004 when American Media Inc. (AMII) wentinto partnership with the IFBB to stage the Olympia Weekend, David, made apublic announcement that he would work toward making the prize money forOlympia athletes total $1 million. For the 2004 Olympia Weekend the total prizemoney was $420,000 (with $120,000 going to the Mr. Olympia winner). Today thetotal prize money is $1.3 million with $400,000 going to this year’s Mr.Olympia. As far as the Expo is concerned, the 2004 rendition had just fewerthan 200 booths, while this year over 1,000 booths will be on display.

David is full of surprises; in 2014 at the moment of PhilHeath’s victory he suddenly pulled another $100,000 out of the hat and re-wrotethe check onstage adding it to Phil’s original $300,000 check. Who knows? MaybeKai will be another David surprise.

There’s a feelingfrom Kai followers that he won’t get a fair shake.

Whenever a champion racks up a series of consecutive wins likePhil we get factions who say the champ has an unfair lock on the title.This goes back to Arnold’s days, throughthe reign of Lee Haney, Dorian Yates Ronnie Coleman and now Phil. But you haveto remember the same judges who judge the Olympia, like Steve Weinberger andSandy Williamson, were the same judges who picked Kai as the winner ahead ofPhil at the 2010 Arnold. With a champ winning multiple times there’s always afeeling with some out there that there's some grassy knoll type of conspiracyin judging the Olympia. Look let me take my IFBB Pro Chairman hat off andreplace it with a promoter hat. It would be a great thing, if we kept on havingdifferent champions with the deposed champ coming back the next year and so on.It would add such terrific excitement to the contest. No one in the IFBB,including myself, is out to screw Kai in any way. He could beat Phil or anyoneelse at any given time. I’m sure his fans would like him to compete, the wholebodybuilding community would like him to compete. The ball’s in Kai’s court.

As regards the judging panel or me favoring a bodybuilder:Phil Heath being Mr. Olympia doesn’t benefit me or the judges in any way. Kaias champ doesn't benefit the judges or me. Whoever wins makes no difference tous.

A final word on theOlympia Weekend?

The men's open will be very competitive. The 212 divisionsees Flex Lewis being pursued by Ahmad Ashkanani, Jose Raymond, David Henry,Hidetada Yamagishi and others. The Classic Physique division has really takenoff and is becoming extremely popular and then we have Flex Wheeler enteringit, so that will be interesting. The Men’s and Women’s Physique divisioncontinue to raise the overall standard.

The Rock, the number one celebrity in the world, with his Seven Bucks Productions team is going to be there with a high-powered crewshooting with numerous cameras as they compile a documentary built around theOlympia. He’ll probably have a few other celebrities with him so you’ll see him very active here there andeverywhere.

Under the leadership of and energy of David Pecker, intandem with ace promoter Robin Chang and myself and our IFBB Pro League committee,we are a team united in the goal of raising the excellence of the OlympiaWeekend. Besides the contests there are countless activities taking place atthe Expo, with all the stars of bodybuilding and fitness stationed at theirbooths – of which there are hundreds. Check it out for yourself it’s the ultimate bodybuilding experience.

12 weeks out ..

img_1498667874_1.jpg

Phil over Kai

QMAiwFC.png

Back
Naar boven