Novice
Lid geworden
4 aug 2014
Waardering
Lengte
1m67
Massa
55kg
Hello! I have just arrived in Maastricht and am looking to start a bulking routine. I need tips on saving money when shopping and what to look out for. I don't mind doing a bit of a dirty bulk as I am a small, skinny person 5"6, 55KG. I am looking to gain about 10KG of muscle (not sure about timeframe) and I have decided to choose Mark Rippetoe's Starting Strength as my programme.

I want to know what are the cheapest sources of proteins and carbs? Where should I be primarily shopping or should I be looking around everywhere? Value for money is important to me because I am a student.

Also what gyms are good for a beginner like me? I have read good things about Maya Fitnesscentrum, anything else?

Are you a student? Um gym is 100e per year. Good basic gym, lots of weights. Lots of bars.

Which meats are the cheapest and where should I be shopping?

I'm a student in Maastricht myself. It depends where in the city you live. If you live near Randwyck I would definitely recommend Bodyvision. You can always go and train there once for free to get an impression. The gym is very close to the FHML faculty by the way.

Shopping you'll have to figure out yourself. But ALDI and LIDL are quite cheap.

At the Aldi you have those kilobags of chicken in the freezer. Think your cheap with that. Also you can download the app "spotta" where you find discounts of products.

Which gym depends on which area your staying in Maastricht.

Hello! I have just arrived in Maastricht and am looking to start a bulking routine. I need tips on saving money when shopping and what to look out for. I don't mind doing a bit of a dirty bulk as I am a small, skinny person 5"6, 55KG. I am looking to gain about 10KG of muscle (not sure about timeframe) and I have decided to choose Mark Rippetoe's Starting Strength as my programme.

I want to know what are the cheapest sources of proteins and carbs? Where should I be primarily shopping or should I be looking around everywhere? Value for money is important to me because I am a student.

Also what gyms are good for a beginner like me? I have read good things about Maya Fitnesscentrum, anything else?

Buy shitloads of tuna (cans of 190g, 150g after removal of water), chicken breast (frozen in bags of 1kg) and koolvis = pollack (frozen in packs of 400g), especially koolvis is dirt cheap (think its like €1.50-75 for 400g with +- 20g protein/100g and barely any carbs/fat), then again it's not very tasty without adding spices. But if youre hardcore enough it will definately do.

Then for dairy, you can get magere or halfvolle (= skim or reduced fat) milk and definetly buy some magere kwark as well (youll probably have to 'learn' to eat this because its a very thick and sour tasting substance) which contains a lot of cassein protein (slowly digested) which is great as a pre-bedtime meal.

Also check 'whey perfection' @ bodyenfitshop.nl which is probably the best 'value for money' protein powder.

For carbs I would go for oatmeal from the cheapest brands, I know there is one brand which sells for like €0.80 per 500g, not sure about the name however. Maybe some zilvervliesrijst = brown rice to go with your chicken/fish meals. And ofcourse there is always Bread (look for volkoren = wholemeal bread) just buy the cheapest and top it with sliced chicken or turkey (aldi) or peanutbutter (aldi).

Good luck :)

Laatst bewerkt:
Back
Naar boven