AndroidHealthClinic

Sticky Indian clubs, Persian Meels, Clubbells, Gada/Maces & Bulgarian Bags (1 bezoeker)

Bezoekers in dit topic

It’s crazy when in our younger years how invincible we think we are to injury, and it’s not until you get a serious injury do you realize you took your body’s resilience for granted. A decade ago, I learned just that playing a pickup tackle football game with friends at a local park…with NO pads. I caught a pass and a player jumped on my left shoulder as I was running and fell with my right shoulder dragging into the ground (with the player’s weight still on top of me). I got up, and could not feel my right arm as I was trying to jog it off. Once realizing something was seriously wrong…immense shoulder pain took over my entire body.

Learning to deal with a separated shoulder was a defining moment in my fitness career because it taught me how the body functions in response to stress and injury. One of the scariest moments of my life (after my shoulder somewhat healed months later) was when I just finished a heavy dumbbell pressing workout and felt as if my entire right side was shutting down. While it wasn’t a stroke, a nerve was getting impinged in my shoulder and causing serious numbness. After that day, I decided not to lift any heavy loads until I had fixed my problem. I refused surgery because I knew too many people who ended up worse after becoming addicted to medication to deal with the constant pain.

So when I found indian clubs to input into my new routine — I got great results being able to press heavy again without any pain or numbness. My body thanked me every time I gave it the real medicine it needed…proper movement. Dr. Perry Nickelston (Stop Chasing Pain) asks: “What do ALL injuries have in common? You don’t move the same after.” So here are five indian club drills that can not only help your shoulders, but your entire body to be more resilient and moving better.

Indian Club Single Mills:

What I love about the indian clubs is that it’s the perfect warm up tool to teach how the lats need to retract back in the shoulders — not using the traps (shrugging). The front rack position is a common setup position with barbells and kettlebell lifting for presses and front squats. Mills are the main move to learn and progress in different speeds. What makes indian clubs unique is only a 1-2lbs pair is needed. The focus should NEVER be on making them heavier, but speeding the indian clubs up through with more acceleration and velocity will equal more mass. So it’s key to go slow first (finding your path) and THEN adding speed once your joints and tendons are ready for it. Performing the mill requires smooth motion from the shoulders and elbow to circle back in & out. These internal/external ranges of motion are something only the indian clubs can do.

It’s crazy when in our younger years how invincible we think we are to injury, and it’s not until you get a serious injury do you realize you took your body’s resilience for granted. A decade ago, I learned just that playing a pickup tackle football game with friends at a local park…with NO pads. I caught a pass and a player jumped on my left shoulder as I was running and fell with my right shoulder dragging into the ground (with the player’s weight still on top of me). I got up, and could not feel my right arm as I was trying to jog it off. Once realizing something was seriously wrong…immense shoulder pain took over my entire body.

Learning to deal with a separated shoulder was a defining moment in my fitness career because it taught me how the body functions in response to stress and injury. One of the scariest moments of my life (after my shoulder somewhat healed months later) was when I just finished a heavy dumbbell pressing workout and felt as if my entire right side was shutting down. While it wasn’t a stroke, a nerve was getting impinged in my shoulder and causing serious numbness. After that day, I decided not to lift any heavy loads until I had fixed my problem. I refused surgery because I knew too many people who ended up worse after becoming addicted to medication to deal with the constant pain.

So when I found indian clubs to input into my new routine — I got great results being able to press heavy again without any pain or numbness. My body thanked me every time I gave it the real medicine it needed…proper movement. Dr. Perry Nickelston (Stop Chasing Pain) asks: “What do ALL injuries have in common? You don’t move the same after.” So here are five indian club drills that can not only help your shoulders, but your entire body to be more resilient and moving better.

Indian Club Single Mills:

What I love about the indian clubs is that it’s the perfect warm up tool to teach how the lats need to retract back in the shoulders — not using the traps (shrugging). The front rack position is a common setup position with barbells and kettlebell lifting for presses and front squats. Mills are the main move to learn and progress in different speeds. What makes indian clubs unique is only a 1-2lbs pair is needed. The focus should NEVER be on making them heavier, but speeding the indian clubs up through with more acceleration and velocity will equal more mass. So it’s key to go slow first (finding your path) and THEN adding speed once your joints and tendons are ready for it. Performing the mill requires smooth motion from the shoulders and elbow to circle back in & out. These internal/external ranges of motion are something only the indian clubs can do.

Link naar artikel?

Staat ergens op de website van hem, vond de link via google.
Ik wist zijn voorgeschiedenis niet maar hij is sterk voorstander van rotatie training, helaas wel voornamelijk staal waar ik weer geen voorstander van ben bij clubs.

10kg club is zwaar om deze oefeningen mee te doen.

In essentie doen ze alledrie dezelfde beweging. Mooi filmpje!
Verschil zit voornamelijk in de rotatie van de romp. Dat is iets wat ik belangrijk vind omdat hier bij mij veel ernstige disfuncties aanwezig waren. En slechte/beperkte mobiliteit in je ruggenwervels heeft een negatieve invloed op je schoudergordel en je nekspieren.

Hier een filmpje over de transitie tussen inward en outward mills. Ziet er zo simpel uit als hij het doet maar is nog behoorlijk lastig om het vloeiend uit te voeren.

Ik heb nu een paar dagen twee lichte houten jongleer clubs en ik probeer dagelijks wat oefeningen te doen, de in- en outside pendulum, front circles en mills en de Indian Club Single Mills in and out. Voorlopig houd ik het daarbij en probeer ik het een week of twee dagelijks te doen. Tot nu toe voelt het wel lekker.

Dat is al meer dan genoeg om een hele tijd mee vooruit te kunnen. Het gaat hierbij niet om het doen van zoveel mogelijk complexe routines maar gewoon om het doen. Het openen van je borst zonder daarbij je onderrug hol te trekken. Het roteren van je schoudergordel zonder daarbij je bekken mee te laten roteren. Velen denken dat het hierbij gaat om de mobiliteit van je schouders maar je romp doet ook heel veel werk zeker naar mate de gewichten toenemen en de clubs je uit balans willen trekken.

Back
Naar boven