AndroidHealthClinic

the basement leuven(boka gym?) (1 bezoeker)

Bezoekers in dit topic

Hi, i was searching for a gym in Leuven (I'll be there as an erasmus student for the next 5 months). A gym with a power rack!
I sent some email to the fitness centers inside the ring, and it seems that only "lifestyle fitness center" has got a rack. Can you confirm that('cause I think that it's more a fitness/health center, than an "hardcore" gym:D)

And what about the basement? Is it still open?

Basement is al heel lang toe. Was wel een goeie gym. Life Style is helaas de enige optie. Veel te duur en k*tinstructeurs wel.

Hi, i was searching for a gym in Leuven (I'll be there as an erasmus student for the next 5 months). A gym with a power rack!
I sent some email to the fitness centers inside the ring, and it seems that only "lifestyle fitness center" has got a rack. Can you confirm that('cause I think that it's more a fitness/health center, than an "hardcore" gym:D)

And what about the basement? Is it still open?

I don't think the basement is still open.

There are no real hardcore gyms in Leuven unfortunately.

I am doubting between this one and [Link niet meer beschikbaar] one.

The one in Heverlee has a squatrack.
The other one has this machine to squat in. But they have more room and also a good hack squat machine and 45° leg press.

There is also a gym in the Sportoase, but I forgot if they have some good stuff.

So you won't find any gym with a real power rack :(.

---------- Toegevoegd om 14:08 ---------- De post hierboven werd geplaatst om 14:06 ----------

Basement is al heel lang toe. Was wel een goeie gym. Life Style is helaas de enige optie. Veel te duur en k*tinstructeurs wel.

Yes but in the Life Style gym you have to pay also for the other options. You can't chose to just pay for weightlifting.
And I doubt the squatrack is decent? When I was there a year ago it was falling apart almost:D.

And btw, I saw serious bodybuilders training in the Life Style gym and also in Cityfit.

So Basement is closed now? (could you please reply in english, 'cause I can't understand dutch... and google translator is really bad :D:D)

And what about the Powerzaal? what's that?

thanks!

So Basement is closed now? (could you please reply in english, 'cause I can't understand dutch... and google translator is really bad :D:D)

And what about the Powerzaal? what's that?

thanks!

You need to proof you are an athlete. But I heard that it actually sucks (bad opening hours and to many people when it's open + you also need to be with 2 people):(

I don't think the basement is still open.

There are no real hardcore gyms in Leuven unfortunately.

I am doubting between this one and [Link niet meer beschikbaar] one.

The one in Heverlee has a squatrack.
The other one has this machine to squat in. But they have more room and also a good hack squat machine and 45° leg press.

There is also a gym in the Sportoase, but I forgot if they have some good stuff.

So you won't find any gym with a real power rack :(.

---------- Toegevoegd om 14:08 ---------- De post hierboven werd geplaatst om 14:06 ----------

Yes but in the Life Style gym you have to pay also for the other options. You can't chose to just pay for weightlifting.
And I doubt the squatrack is decent? When I was there a year ago it was falling apart almost:D.
thanks for the answer!!
I would like to practice powerlifting, so squatting with a smith machine is not good for me:D
So the gym in Heverlee has got a squat rack... It seems not so far from the city centre(I think that there's a bus connection)

I hope I will find a decent gym! where are you actually working out in Leuven?

thanks for the answer!!
I would like to practice powerlifting, so squatting with a smith machine is not good for me:D
So the gym in Heverlee has got a squat rack... It seems not so far from the city centre(I think that there's a bus connection)

I hope I will find a decent gym! where are you actually working out in Leuven?

I tried in the Life Style gym. I think it's to dark and the dumbbells where rusty:o.
The squatrack was just a bunch of iron that could fall apart any moment.

I used to train in Heverlee City Fit. It's idd not really far away and there is a bus connection, but you will still have to walk 400meters. (Check viamichelin or something to see how far you have to travel to the locations)

The good thing is idd the squatrack. But the safety bars are not adjustable. So you can't do rack pulls or something:(.
You have enough dumbbells and possibilities to train with free weights. Also good cable work possible.
Some machines too and basic cardio.

I now train in Cityfit. You have also enough possibilities for free weight training. The real free squat is not possible. Front squat (and military press) is possible, because you have 2 adjustable pilars to put the bar on.

But you really will have to visit the gyms and try it out by yourself.

You've been really helpful!
I'll try out the gyms by myself in september...

anyway, I've just received a reply from cityfit:
"For squats and deadlifts, people use the Max Rack or Jones Machine, which allows a free range of motion. You can also use a free Olympic bar and two stands if you prefer. We are planning to buy a squat rack in the near future (most likely in September)."

Let's hope so:cool:

You've been really helpful!
I'll try out the gyms by myself in september...

anyway, I've just received a reply from cityfit:
"For squats and deadlifts, people use the Max Rack or Jones Machine, which allows a free range of motion. You can also use a free Olympic bar and two stands if you prefer. We are planning to buy a squat rack in the near future (most likely in September)."

Let's hope so:cool:

**** man, you are very hulpfull now to me!! I have been waiting for this moment:D.

Maybe my post in the 'idea box' did the job:cool:.

Please write here if they will really decide to buy a power rack(and maybe ask by yourself at the reception...):D:D

Please write here if they will really decide to buy a power rack(and maybe ask by yourself at the reception...):D:D

Oké. I maybe will ask it tomorrow.
I tried doing rack pulls in that jones machine, but it didn't work out so well. The safety bars are to high:(. So I did some deadlifts:D

I will also try to convince them to buy very small weights like 0,5kg and 0,25kg plates, because the minimum is 1,25kg on each side:mad:.

Okay, thanks man!I'll be back on this forum next week(I'll go on holiday tomorrow)... hope you'll be able to give me some good news about that gym:cool::cool:

Back
Naar boven